SPEAKER_02: Welcome back to Project Geekology. This is episode 134. It's a continuation of our Alien Marathon. And we are a week late. We took a little bit of time off, and for once, it's not my fault. And I'm proud about that. But we'll talk more about that in a bit. We're covering the fourth film in the alien franchise in release order, not chronological order. And because if we did cover this chronologically, this would be the very last of all the things that we cover. And I don't think this is a good thing to end our alien discussion on. But we'll talk more about that as we go. But Alien Resurrection is the topic of today's podcast. Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but if you, the listener, have not seen Alien Resurrection, I would not pause this to go and watch it. Or at least I wouldn't rush to pause it and watch it. You can watch it after the podcast. But it's one of those where like it's a movie, you know, we're and we're gonna cover it. I am one-third of your hosts. My name is Dakota.
SPEAKER_01: I am joined as always with Anthony, and the late episode is actually my fault this time. I was sick last week, and I just would not have been able to go over a podcast without sounding like the Walking Dead. And joining us as always is No, it's uh Rich.
SPEAKER_03: Sorry, you said Walking Dead and you triggered me. I'm very, very excited to be back with you guys, Anthony. Glad you're back to uh podcasting health, so we can talk about the fourth film of the series, which is I'm not sure if you guys mentioned this. It's subtitled Believe It or Not Ripley's Back. And this continues from our last episode, dear listener. I'm not sure if you remember, where I was convinced by my fellow podcasters here that, in fact, Sigordney Weaver, aka Ripley, aka as I like to call her Riley, because I can't remember her name, it does come back. And actually, it's called Resurrection, I'm pretty sure because she's back. So, Anthony Dakota, answer for yourselves. I feel like you guys knew you knew this was coming.
SPEAKER_01: They could have resurrected new.
SPEAKER_02: Honestly, it's been a very long time since I've seen this movie. And you know, going back to it now, it's it was for a good reason that it's been so long. But yeah, I have absolved myself of any wrongdoing here. I don't know about Anthony, but look, if if it's a if it's a way to get you to watch these with fresh eyes, with open ears, I'm willing to lie just a little bit.
SPEAKER_03: Well, you know, the funny thing is, I'm realizing by uh the release, I've seen this movie. I don't know I don't know why. And everything started clicking for me. I can't remember the character's name, but the guy with the dreadlocks, i his action sequences stuck out in my brain, and then when Ripley does the basketball behind Ron Perlman's head, right? Unless that is from unless that's from something else, then I have seen that. Like I I was it everything kind of flooded back into my head, but I don't know this must have been a random one-off. Like my friends were like, hey, let's go to the movies because we have nothing to do on a Friday, and we saw whatever was playing, because there's no other reason why I didn't see any other one in the franchise. Like I just showed up and said, Let's go see four. Love it.
SPEAKER_01: And and and you ended up like saying the worst one. I I mean it's safe to say that this is the worst one.
SPEAKER_03: There is some stuff here. There is some stuff. I mean, that lab is interesting. It's like an island of Dr. Moreau. Uh, this one seems like it I'm surprised Sigordney Weaver decided to do this.
SPEAKER_02: Yeah, we'll get to all that. Yeah, we'll definitely get to our our discussion of alien resurrection. We have a lot to say. I'm sure some of us have positive things to say. I'm I'm looking at my co-hosts, hoping for some positivity here uh in these dark times. Anthony's giving me the thumbs down. We're gonna jump right into you know everybody's favorite segments. What the hell have we been up to these past couple of weeks? Uh Anthony, we'll start with you.
SPEAKER_01: Future Anthony here, and if you would like to skip the segment of what we have been up to, head on over to 23 minutes, and that is when the main discussion begins. See y'all. I so the week before the the week that I got sick, I actually went to go see uh Kometsu no Yaiba in theaters. It was uh really good, man.
SPEAKER_02: You're gonna have to speak a little bit of English because my uh my ears are bleeding.
SPEAKER_01: The Demon Slayer movie. No, I know, I know. Yeah, man. Yeah, it was good. It was good. I I will say that I feel like they could have benefited from maybe another season because man, they had a lot of backstory going on, a little bit too much for a movie, but it was still pretty good. I liked it.
SPEAKER_02: Alright, I have a question. I know both of you went to go see this movie, but I know only one of you actually like watched it. Anthony as a Demon Slayer fan, how many seasons are there? Why did they decide to break up the finale into movies?
SPEAKER_01: So there's only four actual seasons. It's a short manga series. I think there's like 24 volumes. And so, like, I mean, like in in terms of like manga, that's pretty short, right? That's a pretty short run. I'm not entirely sure why they decided to go the movie route for the last bit. I I'm not opposed to it. If they did one more season, like a 13-episode run that covered the rest of these fights, and then maybe the last bit of it would be a movie where they fight the the like last upper moon and then moves on, then then that would have been cool. But like I mean they they really had there was a lot of like backstory, especially for the upper three, like his past, and man, that that they literally went through like his whole backstory, so that thing was long, dude. But other than that, it was a pretty good movie. It it felt like an uncut season. Like they ran each episode out, and they took the intro and outro out, and it was just like one continuous episode, or like one continuous season with um the episodes like together.
SPEAKER_02: Well, uh, for whatever reason, they decided to go this route. It did pay off because it was a massive, massive success worldwide. I think it's up there in the top ten highest-grossing films for the year right now, and that's incredible for an anime spin-off.
SPEAKER_01: Absolutely. I mean, I've gone to the theater to see anime movies, but I've never seen it a theater packed out the way that this one was. Like, I mean, it was packed out, and you you know you can expect the same for the next two movies, which I think they announced that yes, the next part's gonna be next year, and then I'm I'm assuming that they'll cap it off in 2026 or 2027, so and then yeah, that'll be it. But yeah, no, it was a really good movie. I mean, those of our listeners that have seen it, I mean, we have a lot of listeners that listen to that Demon Slayer episode.
SPEAKER_02: Dude, every day, every day there's downloads.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, yeah, every day. So we do have a lot of fans, and trust me, there will be a second part to that episode, especially to kind of cap off the last season, which there's not much to talk about, and then the movies that follow it. So I'm really just waiting for those to finish up, and then I'll do a part two to that Demon Slayer episode, and hopefully that one gets an equal amount of downloads because it's like our best episode.
SPEAKER_02: Day in, day out, yeah, for sure. But yeah, Rich, how how did you like it?
SPEAKER_03: Guys, I tried. All right. I had one of my first track meets that morning. I think I woke up at like 5 30 to go. Then I left the track meet, came home, unpacked my car, went to City Field, and uh Oh yeah, we we I I saw you at City Field that day.
SPEAKER_02: You showed up, and then you were like, we've got to leave early because we have a movie to catch. Turns out the movie was Demon Slayer.
SPEAKER_03: So I get to Demon Slayer at about 8 p.m. and I the feature I love most about this theater is the it's right about baseball. Oh, City Fields, Anthony, is the Mets stadium.
SPEAKER_02: Yeah. So he went to a baseball game before going to see this.
SPEAKER_01: So what were you doing over there, Dakota?
SPEAKER_02: I was eating hot dogs.
SPEAKER_03: So I I go to the theater and my my it's it's it's real local, it's five minutes away. I'm very excited. I mean the Mets have lost, so I'm in a pretty sour mood. But we get to the theater and I settle in, and the person in front of me, they're the only two people in the entire theater who did not recline their chairs. And it happened to be the two people that were sitting in front of me and to my right. So what this created was a real problem. I had to decide because them not being reclined blocked the subtitles, and my son insisted on seeing it in Japanese with subtitles. So I was watching the first 15 minutes, 20 minutes, and I was a little mad respect for your son, by the way.
SPEAKER_02: Just just throwing it. Oh, he always does this.
SPEAKER_03: Yeah, he uh shout out to Charlie. I mean, he really does keep it real. Charlie's a real one. He wants to be a mangaka and he's doing the Duolingo and trying to he wants to he doesn't want to just write, you know, create you know, manga in the United States. He wants to be somebody who learns how to do it in Japan. So that's awesome.
SPEAKER_02: Kudos to him.
SPEAKER_03: That's a cool yeah, it's a cool uh but not cool, not so cool when your father is old and he can't see the subtitles if he reclines in his chair. Because after 20 minutes, I was a little overwhelmed. I didn't know really what was going on. I've not seen one thing about Demon Slayer. This was all for him. And once I reclined, all I heard was Japanese guys, and I'm sorry. I think I dealt with eight minutes. Apparently, I snored so loudly that my wife had to wake me up because I startled two teenage boys that were sitting to the left of me. I remember waking up thinking that they were rude because they were talking and looking at me, but now I pieced everything together, and it was that I was an old man snoring in the middle of the theater.
SPEAKER_02: So that is that is a fantastic show.
SPEAKER_03: I have I have no review of the movie. I'm gonna have to go back and watch it. I'm gonna watch it. Yeah, eventually.
SPEAKER_02: You gotta watch a couple seasons of that show first.
SPEAKER_03: It would probably make more sense, but uh I I guess tangentially related to that, I will mention that the family has solidified their costumes for Comic-Con this year. I am going as Vegeta. My son is going as help me out, Dakota. Trunks. Chunks. And trunks, yeah. Trunks, and my wife is going as Boma. Is that correct?
SPEAKER_02: Yeah, so uh listeners, in the past couple weeks we we uh tricked Rich into believing that he was gonna be Boma. I'm very confused. Uh yeah, we were just like, oh, so that that naturally means you're gonna be Boma, right? And that I brought that back up to you in at City Fields, and your your son left.
SPEAKER_03: They kept trying to it was fun. They kept doing no jokes on me. They were like, oh, you're gonna be Reiki. And I'm like, who's I'm like, okay, I'll be whatever. You know, like I'm not I'm not trying to be a problem here. I I don't know Well who are you gonna be? So I'm gonna be Vegeta.
SPEAKER_01: Oh, okay.
SPEAKER_03: Although I have no I'm very upset.
SPEAKER_01: I thought you were saying you're gonna be Roshi.
SPEAKER_03: No, no, no.
SPEAKER_02: Oh, they thought about it, apparently. Yeah, that was one of the options.
SPEAKER_01: Not Master Roshi.
SPEAKER_02: Anthony, um sorry, we cut you off. Is that all you've been up to the past couple weeks?
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, man. Because last week I I was recovering from sickness, so no gym, just straight resting.
SPEAKER_02: So you gotta rest occasionally.
SPEAKER_01: And then, you know, Rich has been prepping for his uh, you know, Boma cosplay.
SPEAKER_02: Uh Rich, what what have you been up to other than that?
SPEAKER_03: Uh just uh I mean work's picking up a lot. I'm uh coaching, so that's just taking up a lot of my time. I'm uh ordering weird patches to make my own merch because I'm too cheap to buy the school's merch. So I just actually got a very sweet Dia de los Muertos Calavera, but it's Rams themed with Ram logos in its eyes and blue and gold accents all over. I've already affixed it to one of my low-cost Amazon sleeveless hoodies that I wear for coaching, so I have a very uniquely themed Hispanic Heritage Month Rams coach gear that I'm very excited to unveil this Saturday. I'm also excited because I ordered Mario Odyssey after weeks and weeks of back and forth and debate with my son and myself, even though Mario Wonder is newer. I think my favorite Mario, despite playing all of them, like you know, in six whatever, like as they came out, my favorite Mario Brothers game had to be Mario 64. It just changed the game.
SPEAKER_02: Really quick, I'm gonna throw it over to Anthony, because how would you pronounce that game franchise?
SPEAKER_03: Oh boy.
SPEAKER_02: No, I'm just I'm just curious, like you know, it's funny.
SPEAKER_01: It's funny that you said that because literally I was thinking in my mind, like, oh, that's an interesting way of uh pronouncing Mario.
SPEAKER_02: Everybody in New York does this, everybody says Mario in New York Blue.
SPEAKER_03: They say Mario. Did you see did you see the Super Mario Brothers movie? Did you hear John Liguzamo?
SPEAKER_01: Um I saw the Super Mario Brothers movie. Really?
SPEAKER_03: Go listen to Dennis Haskins and listen to John Liguzamo. And I'm fairly considered.
SPEAKER_01: Listen, I don't trust I don't trust movies. Ever since the last airbender came out and they called him Ung. Yeah. No, I don't trust the pronunciations of any movie.
SPEAKER_02: Oh, snap. Alright, I'm starting some beef between Miami and New York right now. Uh listen to it.
SPEAKER_01: Hey, am I wrong, Dakota? Like when as soon as I heard the words Ung uttered, I was just like Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah.
SPEAKER_02: I mean, it's it they they messed it up. Yeah. I too have always said Mario. I had never actually met a Mario until I moved to New York. Uh like I actually met like a like people named Mario, but like in Florida, everyone would call them Mario. It's really it's interesting.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, yeah, like we like we have a restaurant down here, it's Mario's. But like See, like uh that's what we said.
SPEAKER_03: My wife is married. Let's wheel it back in. Like his my son's godfather is Mario.
SPEAKER_02: Okay. Yeah, so it's just it's just a cultural difference, really. Like it's it's literally.
SPEAKER_03: So I'm pretty sure that's like the official pronunciation. Isn't that just South New York?
SPEAKER_02: I will say, here's the thing. There's a lot of Italian-American pronunciations that are just blatantly wrong, like Muzzarel and Proschute, and all of those, like all of those pronunciation are wrong. Like you go to Italy or you you speak Italian, that's not actually how you would pronounce those things. So I do think that American like Italian-American accents change the way that certain things are pronounced. Are you saying that you don't like gabagul? I love gabagul. I love the taste of it, I love the idea of it, I love the meme of it, but um I don't think that that is the correct pronunciation of Capacola.
SPEAKER_01: Rich, who is uh Ezio's uncle in uh Assassin's Creed?
SPEAKER_03: Oh, oh god.
SPEAKER_01: I love and it was a blatant, like, just super super Mario Brothers ripoff where he's like, it's a me, Mario.
SPEAKER_02: Don't even recall that.
SPEAKER_03: Yes, that was my favorite one. That's my favorite Assassin's Creed game. It's just fantastic.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, I don't know, that was solid. But yeah, Dakota, I don't know if uh Rich has anything else left. But uh we gotta hear what Dakota's up to. Dakota dropped uh a video, Alien Video.
SPEAKER_02: Yeah, actually, I was about to forget about that. Yeah, I totally I I dropped a video yesterday. It's hopefully the first in a series of alien timeline slash lore breakdown videos. So far the first one has been decently well received. It didn't get a whole bunch of views or anything, but I'm hoping that over time, if I continue this project, it'll become kind of like a time capsule of what each film brought to the table, which is kind of it's been inspired, or that video was inspired by this podcast, because that's what we're doing right now, where we're kind of going film by film and reviewing it, but we're not necessarily talking about the nitty-gritty of like uh the minutiae of the lore and everything. So I I wanted to do something a little bit extra on my channel. Near the end of the video, I actually do give a pretty big shout out to Project Ecology, and yeah, I'm gonna keep doing that. Hopefully, it brings a couple more people to the pub.
SPEAKER_01: Sweet.
SPEAKER_02: Yeah, I mean, we've we've been Oh, sorry, go ahead.
SPEAKER_01: I would say our our our daily our our daily uptick has been pretty decent. We're like on track to have over to like our monthly downloads have been like steadily going up, so thank you all.
SPEAKER_02: Yeah, thank you. And you know, while we're talking about like the meta aspect of our podcast, I think it's a good time to ask for a review if you haven't already reviewed this podcast and you enjoy the content that we produce. Please be sure to give it a what do you call it? Five star, but like there's a word that we use well, Anthony, do you remember?
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, you know, and I'm always reminded of the word when I watch aliens. You know, like whenever I see a xenomorph, I'm like, man, that is the kind of juicy review that I want on this podcast.
SPEAKER_02: There are literal aliens swimming around in water, but they're somehow even more wet when they're out of water. They are juiced up, oozed up, and yeah, that's how we need your review to land on whatever podcast application you're listening to this to, uh, because that helps bring more viewers to whatever it is we're babbling about. Before we jump into Alien Resurrection, I did start replaying Kingdom Hearts 2. So, Kingdom Hearts has always been my favorite game. Pretty much ever since I was a kid. It has just been like the bee's knees for me. It blew me away as a kid. And when I think of nostalgia, that is the thing that because it's a game built on nostalgia, you know, like it's a game built into worlds that have existed within the Disney canon for 50 plus years, some of them, at the time of those games coming out. So going back to those, it's like I'm nostalgic for the nostalgia, and it's it's a bizarre cyclical thing, but it's it's something that's spoken to me and plenty of other millennials throughout the years. And yeah, so I'm but what I always end up doing is restarting Kingdom Hearts 1. So I've played Kingdom Hearts 1 probably about a hundred times. Not through completely, but I've at least started it a hundred times. I'm positive I've hit that mark. But I never really get to Kingdom Hearts 2. So that's the game that I've played much less, and I probably haven't played it in over 15 years. So I'm really excited to just, you know, I just skipped Kingdom Hearts 1 because I know it so well, and I just went straight into Kingdom Hearts 2. And I started this because uh Kingdom Hearts 1 hit an anniversary recently, I think it was last week. It was it hit 23 years since it's been released, so I decided, why not? You know, and it's it's kind of like all over my social media right now, so I'm just I'm diving back in. So I'm excited about it. I literally just started today, so I'm still in Twilight Town.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, so Actually, that's crazy because I started playing Birth by Sleep.
SPEAKER_02: Again? Or just for the first time?
SPEAKER_01: No, no, no, no. Like I I've played Birth by Sleep before too, but it's been a very, very long time.
SPEAKER_02: How are you playing it? Do you have the physical copy of the game or do you have like the 1.5, 2.5 collection?
SPEAKER_01: So I actually have both. But I'm playing it on PSP. Old school. Old school, yeah.
SPEAKER_02: I like it.
unknown: Yeah.
SPEAKER_01: Retro gaming.
SPEAKER_03: Is rich is uh Winnie the Pooh, that franchise is owned by Disney, correct?
SPEAKER_02: Well, I mean it's no, sorry. Winnie the Pooh is a character that's in the public domain, but that version of the character that you see in the movies is owned by Disney.
SPEAKER_03: So theoretically, when Disney releases the baseball cards, the collaboration uh with MLB, where Disney characters will be wearing MLB uniforms, is it most probable that the Mets will be represented by Eeyore because we are just long-suffering and depressed fans?
SPEAKER_02: I have no idea. So, for those of you listening that don't know, uh it was just announced today as I'm recording this. And today is the 24th of September, uh, Wednesday, that Disney was teaming up with Topps and MLB to create a line of trading cards that are like baseball inspired, but with Disney characters in some of the baseball outfits that MLB players play with. So I think we only saw some of the normal characters, the Nikki's, the Minis, the Goofies, in that little teaser that they relayed. So I don't know, I don't know exactly what is the scope of that. I don't know if it's gonna be like Lorcana, where they have like all of the Disney films doing stuff like that. But I have to believe that this is inspired by the success of Lorcana. Like that that game blew up.
SPEAKER_03: I would if I were you, I would I would I would put aside all the money you can right now, Dakota, and save up to buy all of this stuff. I think this should be your next endeavor, really. Like Lorcana.
SPEAKER_02: You should just pull out all of your money and savings and credit and crypto, whatever you got, pull out all your stocks, put it into MLB trading cards that are paired up with Disney. Guys, let's jump into Alien Resurrection. I have a couple things to say starting this episode off.
SPEAKER_03: Is it an apology? Because I mentioned Is it an apology?
SPEAKER_02: It is an apology. Yeah, actually, no, I do actually have to apologize. Because last week I said that this film was directed by who did I say it was directed by? I can't remember. I don't I always forget this guy's name. Joss Whedon.
SPEAKER_01: Very oh, really?
SPEAKER_02: So I claim that this movie last week was directed by Joss Whedon. That's wrong. He is attached to this movie, but he is not the director, and that's a mistake that I've somehow lived with in my mind for a very long time. So the actual director is Jean-Pierre Genet. And the connection with Joss Whedon is that he wrote it. And I do think that his filmmaking style and writing style, even though this isn't a good movie, does feel very Joss Whedon at times. And if anyone has watched Firefly, you will definitely feel strong Firefly vibes by some of the characters in this particular movie. He even writes Ripley kind of like he writes the character of River in Firefly. You know, early, early Ripley in this movie where she is almost like non-verbal and kind of just like really weird.
SPEAKER_00: Yeah, he's very strong. You don't even think about that, dude, now that you point it out, like I see it. That's wild.
SPEAKER_02: So I apologize for leading anyone on last episode. It's not a John Sweden film. It's a Junet film. So yeah, I don't know if that's the apology you were looking for, Rich, but I sorry.
SPEAKER_03: I think the apology would probably be that both of you made me think that Riley was gone. Uh Ripley, Ripley, why can't I get that? Ripley was gone forever. I was so and I'm not gonna lie, I did not cheat. I legitimately thought, I was like, this can't be it, right? And the minute the podcast ends, like I this is just some behind the scenes for you listeners. The podcast ends, and often if my wife is busy doing something, I will almost immediately start watching the next assignment. Even if it's just to get a taste of it, right? So I go to my Hulu, and of course the next movie is recommended on the banner, and I see Sigordney Weaver's face, and I'm like, these liars! So uh yeah, and and then you know, I as as I mentioned earlier, it just was weird when I started to realize that I I had seen it before, and it it was kind of a weird experience because I had no recollection of seeing them of seeing this movie, and I don't know why I would have seen the fourth in the series, but it it was a movie, it had um a plot, i you know.
SPEAKER_02: There were some scenes in it.
SPEAKER_03: Yeah, there were some cool scenes, there was a lot of juice from the aliens. I I will admit that. The Island of Dr. Moreau lab scenes was memorable, I suppose. The you guys don't have the background of Ripley's baby alien being sucked outside into space, which was a fairly haunting image. Uh I don't know what happened here. They took a turn, and it is not a surprise that there's a bit of a a break after this movie.
SPEAKER_02: Yeah. There there is definitely a break after this movie. The next one doesn't come out until 2012, but at least Ripley's back. You know, like she's back in the franchise, so going forward you have a little bit more Ripley to look forward to. I I think that's a lie.
SPEAKER_03: I'm I don't think that I don't think that's I think Sigurdney Weaver is all doing Freaky Friday, and I don't think we're gonna see her again in the franchise, but it's I don't think that's that's definitely not Sigourney Weaver.
SPEAKER_02: Um I think I think you're confusing actresses here now. Oh, it's Jimmy Lee Curtis.
SPEAKER_01: Whatever, whatever, whatever. Yeah, man. This is one of those movies that it's very easy to check out of.
SPEAKER_02: Yeah, it's easy to start like scrolling on your phone and like what else is there to do.
SPEAKER_01: And then I'm like, oh wait, I'm watching this for a podcast.
SPEAKER_00: Yeah, yeah.
SPEAKER_01: And then your mind starts to wonder, like, you know, hey, did I did I do that one thing that I was supposed to do? Oh crap, wait, I'm watching a movie.
SPEAKER_02: There there's some I think there are some interesting concepts in this movie. And I don't want to like write it off entirely. But there's a lot that I don't like. First and foremost, I don't like that they've kind of like written off Wayland Utani as like the big bad threat in the galaxy. Even though it's never really been the big bad threat, I do think Wayland Utani is the source of all of Ripley's trauma. You know, like they were the ones who pulled her out of hypersleep to go check on that derelict alien spacecraft in the first movie. They were the ones who sent her back to that planet in aliens, they were the ones who, you know, tried to get the the anyway, i Whaley Newtani's been like this threat in the background for such a long time. And now they have basically gone defunct in the past 200 plus years that Ripley has been dead. We don't know anything about it. I don't think there's much in terms of you know, tie-in comics or novelizations or novels rather, that you know, expand on like what happened to potentially the the m biggest corporation it that's ever been, but uh apparently it no longer exists 200 years after Alien 3. Or Alien Cubed, as Anthony is about to tell me. So that that's like for me I know there's much worse things, you know, like creatively that happens in this movie, but that that kind of bothers me a little bit. But I don't hate the idea of them trying to resurrect Ripley through, you know, just trying to find DNA fragments uh hidden in like the molten ore uh from that planet.
SPEAKER_03: I don't I strongly disagree. Look, I've watched Jurassic Park, I've watched a lot of movies where things are recognized. Created from DNA. How do you recreate Riley and the xenomorph as two separate but the same like you can't if you cloned a woman who was pregnant, you wouldn't get a woman who was pregnant, you would get that woman, right? You wouldn't get the small child inside gestating.
SPEAKER_02: Unless they also have DNA of the baby mixed in with the molten lava, which they technically do. So like you're saying that they cloned them separately and then implanted the alien. I think they cloned them together, which is why there were so many failed attempts prior to it. That's how I understood the like the genetic tampering that led to the first seven mishaps.
SPEAKER_03: Um I don't even know how it's possible that you could uh it could be successful. It doesn't even make like if it's not separate, I'm sorry, I don't know why Margaret and Science of such a honestly just mess of a movie. But I don't know why this point bothered me so much, but it's the one thing that I was like, I don't and then like the DNA's not separate, like now it's in Riley's human half as well, like that uh right because then later Riley consents Anthony. Am I off base here? Like what what is what are you what are your thoughts, man?
SPEAKER_02: Yeah, what do what are your thoughts on the the resurrection and like all of the genetic uh the only thing that you're off base is with the name. Did I say Riley again? Oh you keep saying you keep saying Riley's believe it or not.
SPEAKER_01: Riley Riley honestly, like for me, I didn't even really like question the science because like my mind was like not a hundred percent in this movie. Like I just like I there was some like good action scenes, but like largely story-wise, it just was not a good movie. So it's hard to like find a solid foundation on something when there's really no solid foundation to to really like set it on, you know? So I guess like for me, I just I let it just be. I let it be what it's try whatever it was trying to be, because like I mean, there's just that alien baby was just like I don't know what was going on, but I was disturbed. Dakota has a an image of um I guess Ripley's baby? Like, I mean like dude, what what is that?
SPEAKER_02: Tech so technically Ripley's baby is the xenomorph queen. That's the queen xenomorph that you know is the one populating this space station little face hugger eggs. But they they they skirt around a lot in this movie, first and foremost.
SPEAKER_01: So so they're like her grandchildren.
SPEAKER_02: Yes. So the big ugly monster thing at the end, which is a human xenomorph hybrid, but more human than xenomorph, is technically her grandkid, I guess. And it's terrifying, but it's cool looking, you know, like it is like a grotesque abomination that they brought to life, and it looks realistic. It's a very, very terrifying puppet costume, I don't know what you want to call it. Muppet. It's a very terrifying Muppet. And yeah, so what I don't understand, and that that what I'm what I was trying to get at earlier, is they they make a lot of leaps in judgment, and there's a certain point where they find the queen and she's having a hard time. We don't really understand what's going on, but what's his name? Wormtongue uh Wormtongue from Is it Wormtongue or Wormtail?
SPEAKER_03: I was confused with it. Worm tongue, yeah. Wormtail is uh Peter Pettigory.
SPEAKER_02: Harry Potter, yes, yes, yes, yes, sorry. Brad Doriff, who plays Dr. Jonathan, what's his name? I can't actually see what his character's name is.
SPEAKER_03: Wormtongue. Wormtongue. Dr. Jonathan Wormtongue.
SPEAKER_02: It's Dr. Jonathan Wormtongue.
SPEAKER_03: That'd be amazing.
SPEAKER_02: He's basically being cocooned for eventual implantation of one of the face auger eggs, and he's, you know, giving all the exposition, like he suddenly knows so much about what is about to happen, you know, he's basically like She has too much human DNA or too much of your DNA or something. And that's when she like gives like act that the queen gives actual birth to this monstrosity that seemingly loves Ripley. And it's actually like there there is a moment in this movie where you almost feel bad for this thing, as it's like it's clearly enamored to be in the presence of Ripley. I've you know, there's clear longing there, and then Ripley blows it out of a hole in a ship.
SPEAKER_01: That was such a weird scene to me, dude. Like Ripley is just like caressing the face of this creature, and I'm like, man, what are we doing? Like, how did we get here?
SPEAKER_02: I'm just looking at Rich.
SPEAKER_03: He's like he's sitting back on his couch, just I saw I all I can see in my head is that scene where she just like dives into all the aliens and is like like she's just like enveloped by them, you know. It's just Oh yeah, that was weird, right?
SPEAKER_01: Like just leave leave me with my weird like when she fell down that thing. Yes, like what is she?
SPEAKER_03: And then she's just kind of like laying there.
SPEAKER_01: I'm like, what is happening right now? Why like why why are we here?
SPEAKER_03: How did how much money did it like? I need to know how much the Gordney Weaver paid because at some point she had to be like, you guys have to be joking me, right? Like you're gonna make me do what? I I just and then like okay, why does I'm not gonna call it Ripley, why does Riley have have humanity? Where did Riley learn this humanity from? Is it imprinted in the DNA? Is that why there's any level of like wanting to help the humans? I I don't maybe genetic memory.
SPEAKER_02: I don't think they use the term in this, but you know, it's just a common sci-fi trope. You have it's been brought up in a bunch of different things. Recently I watched a Smallville episode where genetic memory is brought up.
SPEAKER_03: Is it a Smallville episode where perhaps in some ways I I'm I know what episode you're talking about, I'm being a jerk, but is it an episode of Smallville where one person starts acting wildly different because they're either inhabited by something or impacted by something in the environment?
SPEAKER_02: That's most Smallville episodes.
SPEAKER_03: Like, let's be fair. Um you're not narrowing it down much. Yeah, you're talking about the 1950s episode.
SPEAKER_02: Yes, that technically in 1961, according to one of the fans. Oh, you're good in the background. You're good. I'm I have dude, I have my notes. Just in case there is ever an option for me to make a small villa timeline, I'm writing notes. Oh my goodness. It's a long shot.
SPEAKER_01: Dakota is preparing for the episode that we're doing after we finish the Alien series.
SPEAKER_02: Perhaps. Let's roll it back. We get a lot of a lot of stuff happens in this movie. There's there's alright. So we have the evolving lineage of Ash from the first movie. Ash being the robot that Weylon Utani put on board the Nostromo to basically hijack their operation to bring it to the thing. Anyway, in the second movie, we are introduced to a future model of a future Cyberdyne model. No, hype-hyperdyne, Cyberdyne is Terminator, Hyperdyne model named Bishop, who also goes into the third movie a little bit. Now in this fourth movie, we have the next maybe not the next generation, but several generations after that. Instead of calling them robots or synthetics, these are autons who are autonomously built by other synthetic beings. And Winona Ryder plays an autun. And there's there's a scene where she gets shot, the white milk that comes out of the stomach or whatever. She has that. She is synthetic or an auton as as they they describe it. What are our thoughts on Winona Ryder's character and the evolution of this race of being?
SPEAKER_03: I will say. You quickly glossed over the fact. I'm not sure, faithful listeners, if you remember, the promise that the team would stick together after Aliens when we got to Aliens Cubed. And these two charlatans were like, Yeah, it's great that the team's gonna be together. And this man just recapped it quickly by saying, and yeah, Bishop kind of was in the third movie. Alright? That's a recall to the time that these men convinced me that this team was sticking together and Newton Bishop were gone within five minutes. But uh no, you look I I don't I don't have anything. I think Anthony's our milk expert. I don't have anything to add to that. I think Anthony's our milk expert. So I I actually want to hear his thoughts before anything. Like, what did you think of Winona Writer's uh milk sitch?
SPEAKER_01: Honestly, yeah.
SPEAKER_02: Out of context. Out of context, that's such a strange sentence, by the way. You gotta listen to the whole show or you won't get it. I hope nobody takes this out of context.
SPEAKER_01: Don't randomly scrub to this moment. I think honestly, like when you get to these movies, it's kind of fun to figure out which one is going to be the robot, you know? It's like, okay, which one of these people are going to be the robot in this one, you know? Like, because that that becomes like a re recurring thing that like one of them is not a real person.
SPEAKER_02: I prefer the term artificial person. Data would be very upset with that.
SPEAKER_01: I thought it was interesting that like she had like that whole scene where she had like jack into the like very like matrix-y, like where she had to like jack into the the computer, even though that was what a couple years before the matrix? Was it ninety-eight, ninety nine?
SPEAKER_02: Yeah, that was two years before the matrix.
SPEAKER_01: But uh so she has she jacked in and made father do you know, uh like she started messing around with the enemy of the movie.
SPEAKER_02: Oh so there that is a another interesting thing that they you know there's there's a change in this one. You know, there's still the theme of motherhood that's begun in the first movie, you know, like on the the onboard ship in the first movie was mother. Then, you know, Ripley kind of takes Newton as her daughter in the second movie. In the third movie, there's the scene where like Ripley cradles the chessburser as she like dies in the lake of fire. And in this one, she is very clearly a mother figure to this abomination. But you mentioned that the interface in this one is called father. That's kinda interesting. I haven't thought about it enough to like really make any like theme at- again. This movie is really hard to pay attention to, so I really have to I'm gonna eventually get around to it in my timeline lore breakdown and like actually make some sense out of it, hopefully. But for the time being, I I am curious about that switch from mother to father. And in that same breath, there's some very clear religious symbology, not very like good religious symbology, but it's there, you know. Like Ripley comments on the fact that Winona Ryder's character, the Autan, is religious or has faith, which is an interesting concept. I don't know what they would have faith in or why, but I'm deeply curious about that. I think that that's a fascinating topic. Do you think that the father bit has anything to do with that religious symbology, or is that just kind of a play on the mother in the first movie?
SPEAKER_03: I think it's just a playoff of it, really. I don't take anything that this movie does as deeply entran I okay, obviously this is canon because it's part of the franchise, but I feel like they were a little loosey-goosey here and didn't care what they were doing here and what that might mean for the future.
SPEAKER_02: Yeah, it's a weird this is a weird time for franchise filmmaking where they clearly wanted to continue the story. They clearly did not have the original team to continue writing those stories. Each film had a very different group of creators behind it. And it's not until like the the the next film in the series where Ridley Scott actually comes back to do something new with the franchise for the first time in who knows how many years. But uh, like you said, I don't know that there's anything extremely uh intelligent in this one. You know, there's there's a lot of really good ideas in the first three films. And I'm sure there's some good ideas in this one too, but they're just hidden behind so much. But Anthony, it was a good thing that you mentioned Matrix, because I was getting Matrix vibes with and I almost wonder if this kind of inspired the Matrix in certain ways, you know, like there are certain characters that feel like they belong in maybe Matrix 2, you know? And some of the action choices and camera movements that they played around with definitely felt like they belonged in the Matrix. So I thought that was interesting.
SPEAKER_01: I like I mean I like Yeah, this one was a th this one was definitely a a tougher movie to get through. Now I kind of like remember why I just never care to go back to it. When I watched it, I I I really there was maybe very little that I remembered. Mo it felt like almost like a fresh viewing. It's one of the movies that I've seen the least.
SPEAKER_02: Okay. Yeah, I've definitely only seen this once before this time, and Rich, you said that you saw it in theaters. So at this is the one that we have all seen, and it's probably one of the first films in a long time that all three of us have seen at some point. Congratulations to us and to you, listeners. Guys, is there anything else that we want to talk about in this particular movie?
SPEAKER_03: I think the most positive thing was that I got to watch both Alien vs. Predator movies, uh, because uh you guys told me I was allowed to uh to go off because these were not they're not canon. And you know, they uh I'll say this to the viewers don't watch Resurrection. Go watch the uh Alien vs. Predator movies. They're uh they're silly, they're not canon, but uh they're kind of fun. And yeah, I think you'll enjoy those. Uh but this one is just if you're going through all of them, this is the one that you put on when you have to do the laundry and fold and maybe leave the room to take the recycling out and then come back. Like you you're not i it's okay. You're not gonna miss a terrible amount. I don't know what happens.
SPEAKER_02: Oh, there's there's a really sorry, there's I I just I just remember this and I can't not say it because it's something that I really, really, really deeply wanted to bring up on this podcast. They get to Earth. You know, like this is the first time Ripley's been back to Earth in 250 years, 260 almost. And yeah, there's a really bizarre scene where the ship that they were on crashes into Africa and blows up most of the cont or it doesn't blow up the continent, but like there's like a nuclear bomb-level threat that expands and mushrooms out over southern Africa. And then Ripley looks at Winona Ryder and goes, You did it, you saved Earth. And I'm like, what? All those people, all those people are dead! That's millions, maybe billions, I don't know.
SPEAKER_00: Look, look, they saved Earth from the aliens, but without without a cost, okay?
SPEAKER_02: There was some mysterious cost, and she was so happy that it was it was done. Oh my god, I could not believe I replayed that like three times. I went online to look up like what happened. I downloaded the movie in 4K so that I could scrub through that scene. I was like, what the heck just happened here? And I I compared it to maps on the earth. This is definitely Africa. You see Madagascar on the right. Dude, incredible. I don't understand the choices made in this at all.
SPEAKER_00: It's like you save the world except for Africa.
SPEAKER_02: Except for southern Africa. Those people are dead. Meanwhile, meanwhile, and aliens, the second one. Ripley, you know, she's going on and on like to Burke about like how many people have died on this like colony. And she keeps saying like 157 people or something like that. I think it's 100 151 or 171, whatever. It's it's like in the 200s range. There's no way that did not kill less than 200 people. Like that that was a that was Ripley.
SPEAKER_01: No, that that probably killed like 200,000 people, like probably more.
SPEAKER_03: At least that's not Ripley who's making that call. That's Riley, alright? That's a different being.
SPEAKER_02: Oh, it's okay. So the resurrected Ripley is actually. I see what you're saying. Okay, this is new.
SPEAKER_03: Yeah, Riley. Hey, but Riley's like, hey, at least they did it. That's the cost of taking care of the aliens.
SPEAKER_01: Look, Dakota. At least they saved 200 people.
SPEAKER_02: Oh god. Okay. I did not get around to watching AVP. Uh, I know Rich, you watched both AVP and AVP Requiem, and I think it had to be watched the you watched both of them?
SPEAKER_01: I watched both.
SPEAKER_03: I think Requiem is the juicy. There is a scene in Requiem where literally, I think it was shot for us. It's just the xenomorph standing over somebody, and the juice, I'm fairly certain, just drips off of the xenomorph into the next victim's mouth. Like that, like do you do you remember, Anthony? Like it's over a ledge, and it was just like there was so much juice, man.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, yeah. No, that no, it was gross. I I will say that there was a in the second one, there was a pretty interesting concept where it was a xenomorph predator hybrid. Like I thought that was actually a cool idea.
SPEAKER_02: So that's one thing that I do really love about this series as a whole. And I even will throw in resurrection in this case. I like the idea that these are not stagnant creatures. You know, like every film has added something to their lore and makeup or biology that changes what we know of them. You know? Right.
SPEAKER_01: Right. Yeah.
SPEAKER_02: Second one added the hive, the queen. The third one added the like the dog.
SPEAKER_01: The fact that they can take on characteristics of their host, like it's different. Right. And this one show and in uh resurrection, it showed that they can take on even more human characteristics.
SPEAKER_02: Right. There could be more genetic mutations that blend them even closer to humanity. You know, I mean, I don't know if you can really call that humanity or living or anything. Suck that thing out of an airlock, am I right? But at least it's possible, and we know that now. So that's pretty cool about Requiem. I saw AVP a lot. I liked that movie a lot when it came out. I did not like Requiem, I only saw it the one time, but I do remember liking that they were able to incorporate, you know, some of the dreadlocks on a xenomorph. I thought that was a cool design.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, yeah, yeah. No, I think that that's like because like the it's like a combination of like some like two crazy killing machines. You know, at least in this world we have an intact Africa, but we do have xenomorphs attacking a small town. And like essentially like the predators are kind of like anti-heroes, like in these movies. Because they kind of help the um in the first one the the hero the predator teams up with the girl on the ends and they fight the aliens. Whereas like the the in Requiem, the predator in that one is essentially like Batman taking out all all the the xenomorphs.
SPEAKER_03: I I couldn't the only problem I had was when he's teaming up with the female warrior, whatever, and then he takes the acid from the xenomorph's blood and goes and puts the same kind of marking or scar. I mean, he literally melts her skin to give her this matching scar, and she just stands there, you know. I'm sorry, man. I don't know. That that's rough. I don't I don't know if I can do that.
SPEAKER_01: It was it it was essentially a brand. Yeah. Like a that's a brand, right there.
SPEAKER_03: With acid.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, like yeah, that like like that was an open wound.
SPEAKER_03: I don't know. That seems dangerous. Like I think you need some max tracen, some hydrogen peroxide, something.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, no, no, that was crazy. But it those movies felt so much so like a product of their time. Like if they felt like the early 2000s, like the Freddie versus Jason. Exactly, though those types of movies.
SPEAKER_02: Yeah. Where it's you can't really take it seriously with the franchise as a whole, but in its own little time capsule, it works as just a fun rom.
SPEAKER_01: Right, right. I mean, and they do kind of work well as two sides of the same coin because they pretty much came out around the same time, you know. You had Predator that came out in the eighties, and then a lot of the aliens that came out in the eighties, very similar like kind of action movies, you know.
SPEAKER_02: So for what I've gathered, and I guess we can like kind of like table our discussion of resurrection a little bit, you know, as we continue talking about Alien and Predator as a you know collected franchise. The first crossover potentiality with the alien universe came in one of the Predator movies. I think it was the second one, where one of the Predator's trophies was a xenomorph head. And I think that's where this whole thing stemmed from. Like fans are just like, oh, I want to see that, you know. And I think that's what brought Alien vs. Predator together originally. Now it seems like they are actively trying to do something similar again with the Predator and Alien movies. So I don't know if you've seen the trailer.
SPEAKER_01: Like, I don't remember if anything's come out recently, but I remember seeing one back in like 2018.
SPEAKER_02: There was a recent one, I think last year or the year before was the first one. Prey Prey.
SPEAKER_01: Prey, yeah, you're right. That did really well. Yeah.
SPEAKER_02: Um people it was like a straight to streaming one, but everyone was blown away by it.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah. But anyway, so so yeah, they both stay, they've been saying relevant. I feel like in the right hands, we could actually get a good Alien vs. Predator movie.
SPEAKER_02: Have you seen the trailer for the new Predator move Predator movie that's coming out, Badlands? No.
SPEAKER_01: Oh, wait. That has somebody like I feel like I I have.
SPEAKER_02: Yes. So I remember being in the theater because I didn't even know this movie existed, and I was like, wait, what? So, like, in the Predator Badlands trailer, the Predator is on some world, and it's trying to survive alongside a basically a synthetic. And we know that it's connected to the Alien franchise because you see the Weyland Utani logo in her eyeball, like before she like boots up. So it's like a very clear connection. And it's El Fanning playing playing the the Android in this one. It looks really good. So I'm excited to see what they cook up with that.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, man.
SPEAKER_02: So the director the director said there's no xenomorphs or anything in that, but that crossover potential is open, which is pretty cool.
SPEAKER_01: We we're building up to it, man. They're like, you know, building up to their endgame. Like Rich and I, like, you know, we're saying it was that there was uh some really good ideas in those movies in Alien vs. Predator. Like they for me, I would say like largely like they're not the worst movies that you're ever gonna see. But I I feel like there is a potential that you could make a really, really good Alien versus Predator. I mean, the action was actually pretty solid in those movies. I liked seeing predators throwing down on xenomorphs. I mean, like one side not being overpowered, like the aliens have their tails, their claws, the blood, and then all the tools and weapons and fighting sense that the predators have, you know, because they're sentient, they think more like a human than like a xenomorph would. But xenomorphs are not dumb, though.
SPEAKER_02: Which show did you guys like? Or sorry, which team were you guys rooting for? Xenomorph or Predator?
SPEAKER_03: Oh. It's always gonna be predator for me. I just uh I mean I I think partly also because of what Anthony just said, you know, they're more sentient beings, you know, they seem more they see they're more human than the xenomorphs are, where the xenomorphs are more like you know, a bug-like menace that you want to get rid of. Where the predators are just uh they're like they hunt for sport.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, honestly. They're just aliens. Yeah, predators hunt for sport. They're like craven the hunter.
SPEAKER_03: They're just on rumspring, huh? You know, like trying to like prove themselves into their manhood. Uh, you know what? I get it.
SPEAKER_01: They have to like their survival means that they are like a proven warrior, you know. Which is pretty crazy because it's like if that's the threshold for you to become a warrior, then like that goes to show you like how insane like facing a xenomorph is, even for a predator. I mean, only one like actually not even, like, none of them survived from the first one.
SPEAKER_03: No, that's right. Yeah, no, they ended up uh that whole uh we won't spoil it completely, but yeah, no, it was pretty crazy.
SPEAKER_02: Were there other movies like Alien vs Predator or Freddie vs. Jason in that time period? I'm trying to remember. I know we have stuff like you know, like there's older stuff like Dracula vs. Frankenstein and King Kong versus Kraken.
SPEAKER_03: I mean that was uh the Lycanthrobes versus I mean, what is that the same time that Underworld was out, or am I off base on the Yeah, I think Underworld No, yeah, yeah.
SPEAKER_02: That was that yes, that's exact yes.
SPEAKER_01: Although I didn't feel like uh Underworld gave off the same sort of camp that those types of movies came out.
SPEAKER_03: Those are serious, yeah.
SPEAKER_01: That was a period of time where you know, you got those just kind of odd horror type movies, like I mean, you had Jeepers Creepers coming out at that time. Um, you know, just really weird movies that like you know, just kind of slasher movies that would come out at that time. And yeah, like if you go back and you see those, like they very much feel they're not timeless, they feel exactly like a 2000s movie, just like Alien vs. Predator. Like you know that it came out at this time.
SPEAKER_02: So Alien vs. Predator, it even like Freddie vs. Jason or King Kong vs. Godzilla, it feels like that show Deadliest Warrior. I don't know if you remember it, where they would pit two warriors from like different time periods and different, you know, like cultures against each other, and they would use all of their strengths and weaknesses against each other to pit them to like the you know, like what would actually happen. And I think that that's the strength of specifically alien versus predator, like you guys were mentioning, they use all of you know their pros and cons against each other. So I thought that was cool.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Definitely like the xenomorphs, they were using their tails, their claws, the little, you know, mini mouth thing that they had. The predators were yeah, they're using their cloaks, their like all their weapons, man, like the shoulder cannons that they had. Yeah, man, it yeah, like I said, I think that there was a lot of like cool ideas from those movies that you know it would be cool, maybe can be pulled in for the future, you know? Like the ideas, not the execution. Sure. Although the execution wasn't the worst, you know.
SPEAKER_02: Yes, I think uh the execution of Resurrection was probably the worst. No, it definitely was. Yeah, that that's definitely the worst film in the series. So, Rich, everything's up from here.
SPEAKER_03: Well, I'm glad to hear it. So, what what is on tap for next? I don't even know the name of the next movie.
SPEAKER_01: Well, at least Ripley this won't be the worst movie that Ripley will be in in the future.
SPEAKER_03: Riley's believe it or not.
SPEAKER_02: Yeah, so at least she's back, you know, in the picture.
SPEAKER_03: I don't know. I don't know. What's the name? What's the what's the name of the next one? Is it called Alien No Ripley?
SPEAKER_02: No, no, no, no. It's not. It's it's Alien continuation. Continuation. No, it's come on. Terrible name for a movie. The next next movie that we're going to be covering, guys, is Prometheus. It's the only alien film that does not have Alien in the title. And there's probably a good reason for that. But uh we will discuss that next week. And and yeah, uh, last thoughts on Alien Resurrection. I will send it over to you, Anthony.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, this was not the best alien movie. I mean, there was maybe some cool ideas that were overshadowed by like a bunch of like what the heck is going on. But yeah, no. Um, you know, like Dakota said, if you listen to this without watching Resurrection, we actually saved you time. You know, we saved you the time. Don't you don't have to worry about watching it unless you're curious uh of how bad it was.
SPEAKER_03: Rich, go ahead. I mean, like I said, put it on while you're doing the laundry or your grading school work, and your students' work is so terrible that when you look up at the screen, you go, hey, this is better than that. Alright? That's that's what you can do here. Alright.
SPEAKER_01: I mean, but it's the homework was better than the movie.
SPEAKER_03: Yes, exactly. You know, then you go, okay, you know what, maybe this kid's work isn't so bad. I'll give them an 85. That that's basically it's yeah, if you haven't gone out of your way to watch it, don't. If you're a completionist like I am, go ahead and do it. But you don't uh don't rack your brain trying to make heads or tails of too much, just kind of have a little bit of fun.
SPEAKER_02: It's definitely a film that kind of encapsulates the grunge coming to its peak in the 90s. It's very edgy. There's a lot of characters that you're purposely not supposed to like and who make a lot of, you know, off-colored comments that you wouldn't see in movies these days. And honestly, there there are some interesting scenes. Like, I, you know, thinking back on the movie now, I do like the scene where they have three xenomorphs in like a prison cell to be studied, and they kind of get smart like raptors in Jurassic Park, and they decide, you know what, you have acid blood. Why don't we like two of them like kill the one in the middle so that the others can escape? Genius. That's actually a really cool use of intellect and showing the survivability of this species. You know, they understand that if we sacrifice one, two more can live. But with good scenes like that, you have other scenes, like you know, there's the scene that Wormtongue, the character who plays Wormtongue in Lord of the Rings, decides to make out with a xenomorph on the other side of a glass pane, and it's a really bizarre scene. I I'm I'm I got a little confused. But anyway, I would say it's in my top five MCU movies. I recommend it, but yeah, that's all I can say.
SPEAKER_01: Is it above or below Quantum Mania?
SPEAKER_02: It's just above Quantumania for me. That's a yeah, yeah, Quantumania, uh Incredible Hulk, and maybe like Iron Man 2 are up there in my top five alongside Alien Resurrection. And yeah, that's that's uh that's a wrap, boys. We've covered the original quadrilogy of alien movies, and we're gonna cover the prequels next. Guys, thank you so much for listening to us here for our 134th episode. If you want to check out any of our socials, be sure to click down into our so show notes, and you can find out more about what we're we're doing. Follow us on Instagram, follow us on Twitter, and again be sure to give us a juicy five star review. Thanks, guys. Have a good one.
SPEAKER_01: Bye y'all.
SPEAKER_02: I'm still collating.