Head up, hands up, be light-footed, be present: a few life lessons from boxing. KJ welcomes her friend Suzanne Dressler to the podcast to talk grieving a lost relationship, celebrating frontline essential workers and redefining self care. Suzanne Dressler is a professional singer/actress, runs her own tutoring business, Skyscraper Tutoring, LLC, and is a dedicated Podcaster and host of There's a Word for That!, a podcast that explores our relationships to words and expressions. She is very short and has very curly hair and she is pure delight.
1. Lessons from Grenada: Treat others with kindness; Take pride in your work; Be glad for your blessings. Enjoy a healthy lifestyle of an exchange of nourishment with the land.
2. Lessons from Boxing: Be light on your feet, practice vigilance . Concentrate on maintaining your form, keep your hands up, practice presence, be light footed and hold your stance; stay out of your head and trust in your form.
3. Recognize the resilience models around you. People move through difficult situations every day. Look to and celebrate Front Line workers- Health Care and Grocery Store and Food Vendors. They are putting their lives at risk to ensure we have our basic needs.
4. Humans are designed to survive. The pandemic revealed boundaries and edges. Understand and utilize your inner resourcefulness.
5. Re-evaluate and redefine. Know when it’s time for a mental health break. Re-evaluate your definition of Self Care. Yoga and movement can equal catharsis and sanctuary.
Please Rate and Review This Podcast if our stories have astonished you as well.
https://ratethispodcast.com/astonishingstories BONUS- Every review you leave enters you into a drawing to win a FREE 1:1 consultation with me!
Connect With KJ & Bliss Begins Within
Support the show (https://paypal.me/KJNasrulMFT )