KJ returns from a brief hiatus with a Full Moon episode, featuring her friend, artist Dingding Hu. Dingding is on a mission to spread joy and unite people through positivity. She is a Chinese illustrator based in New York City specializing in drawing bubbly characters and serendipitous storytelling. Dingding’s artwork is a combined reflection of self discovery, food cravings, people watching, and pop culture. You can find her at her studio Hu Is Hungry.
Today KJ and Dingding jam as fellow Weirdo Kids harboring secret dreams to offset societal (and familial) expectations. The ladies dive into the rich layers of what it means to belong; the renaissance of the Asian Creative and the transcendently magical and connective properties of food…
1. Food is home. In stressful times, food represents family, comfort and tenderness.
2. Were you a Secret Dreamer? How have your childhood dreams emerged in what you do today?
3. Who defines our Asian-ness and what it means to be an Asian Creative?
4. What is your narrative of belonging as an Asian?
5. Hope is a choice. Hope is to be treated as a friend.
Please Rate and Review This Podcast if our stories have astonished you as well. https://ratethispodcast.com/astonishingstories
Connect With KJ and Bliss Begins Within
Support the show (https://paypal.me/KJNasrulMFT )