Mike Volpe is the CEO at Lola.com, Spend Management & Travel Management Software
Previously, he has joined HubSpot as the fifth employee and as CMO helped the company grow from about a dozen beta customers to over 15,000 customers, 1,000 employees, $150m in revenue, and an IPO leading to a $1.7B market cap. He has also made more than 25 angel investments with 4 exits so far (HubSpot, Locately, GroSocial, ThriveHive).
Mike serves as an advisor to a number of companies and is on the board of directors of Repsly, a mobile CRM company and was on the board of Attend until they were acquired by Event Farm. He has worked in marketing at a number of different startups in Boston and San Francisco and loves talking about marketing and growth with other marketers and entrepreneurs.
In this episode:
- As one of the original founding team members of Hubspot and someone who co-invented Inbound Marketing, Mike shares top insights on how Inbound changed over time and the future of Inbound going forward
- On why so many companies still erroneously don't believe in or don't do Inbound Marketing despite the fact that it works better than any other type of marketing
- How Content Marketing is not the same as Inbound Marketing
- Discussion about PLG (Product Led Growth) as Mike was one of the originals in the PLG game with WebsiteGrader.com which generated millions of leads
- How Mike went from a world-class SaaS CMO to a CEO
- What are some of Mike's favorite Marketing Campaigns that you can learn from
- Why "Made to Stick" is one Mike's favorite books for marketers
- And some of Mike's favorite Marketing executives