Small tourist destinations can often feel disadvantaged. They have less tourism assets to draw incentive groups which are prized business visitors. But there are ways of attracting incentive groups by using out-of-the-box thinking.
Alexandria Tomayko is a self-described nomadic foodie and sustainability queen, currently based in Bali. Founder and Experience Coordinator of Nomadic Planning, she's been professionally event planning for 15 years including multiple incentive projects. She is also starting an app called Little Black Book Series which will match event planners with more sustainable venues.
Quotes from Episode
“Every space has a very unique thing, whether it’s the story about how it was made or how the land was bought or something like that. So really highlighting this to make it unique because that’s a story and people love a story.”
“How do you want them to feel? As event planners we are basically experts in manipulation. From the lighting in the room to the music, the textures, the food, everything. How do you want them to talk about that experience?”
- What inspired Alexandria to enter the incentive travel sector
- Finding your destination’s point of difference
- Tapping and pitching to the right groups
- How to be creative in planning memorable and successful incentive trips
- How small destinations can showcase difference in social media channels
- How to get people interested in your virtual experience
Alexandria’s new app for event planners:
Little Black Book Series
Connect with Alexandria:
Connect with Adelaine:
Email: [email protected]