Covering India's Podcast Ecosystem with Abhishek Baxi of Podcast Hub
December 27, 2020
In this episode, we're going to India to talk with Abhishek Baxi of Podcast Hub!
Abhishek is a prolific writer covering tech and podcasting and is the founder of Podcasthub.in, covering the podcast ecosystem with a focus on the Indian podcasting industry. He is a digital consultant working on digital social media, mobile strategy for brands, organizations, and local businesses. He is also a technology journalist, a Senior Editor at Neowin, a Contributor at The Morning Context, and a Columnist at Hindustan Times.
We talked about:
- Abhishek's origin story: How he became obsessed with blogging and jumping into podcasting
- The entirety of the Indian podcasting scene: What is happening there? Abhishek gives us a detailed overview of all the podcasting players in the Indian podcasting space
- From Amazon's confusing strategy in India to Spotify's acquisition of shows, and India's audio consumption culture
- How do we make the jump to go from radio to podcasts?
- Are independent producers and content houses doing well in India? What about investment and circulation?