QUO Fast Radio Bursts
Our Lonely Galaxy ft. Nathan Deg
January 17, 2022
We interview Dr. Nathan Deg, a Software developer for the Canadian Institute for Radio Astronomy:
- Resides at Queen’s University and comes from Nova Scotia but was born in Kingston
- focuses on numerical simulations of isolated and interacting pairs of galaxies
- Achieved a bachelor’s from Saint Mary’s University and Astrophysics
- And then a Masters and PhD in simulations of galaxies here at Queen’s
- Left Canada for a little while and worked in University of Cape Town in South Africa
Parts of the Milky Way:
The Future of Radio Astronomy: the Square Kilometre Array, planned to be in Australia and South Africa.
Links to Science Outreach Material:
Special thanks to Colin Vendromin for the music, also thanks to Zac Kenny for the logo!