In honor of Human Trafficking Prevention Month, we want to conclude the month of January with an intimate and personal discussion about the effects of sexual trauma and how one can heal from the experience of a sexual assault.
Topics covered will include:
• Trauma: What is it, and what are the stages?
• An explanation of sexual trauma
• What to do if a sexual assault has occurred
• Live Q&A with a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
• What to expect during a SANE exam
• An honest conversation about healing and recovery
• Words of encouragement and personal testimony of recovery
• Advice for parents, guardians, and mentors
• Live question and answer (Q&A) throughout the event
• Trusted resources for help, advocacy, and awareness
For one hour, Dr. Tara Thompson, pharmacist and specialist in women's sexual health, will interview Heather Quaile, DNP, WHNP-BC, SANE (The SHOW Center), and Kristine Jones, Author, Speaker, Motivator, and Women's Advocate.
#justASK is a healthcare platform that is dedicated to providing evidenced-based information by a multidisciplinary team of sexual health experts in order for individuals to make informed and optimal sexual health decisions.