Joining the Circus as a teenager, pursuing acting in New York City, mental health awareness and social justice bakeries….
This week, we explore the diverse lifestyle of Jacob Tischler, a Vermont born artist and a true Renaissance Man. He founded Starter, a social justice bakery recognizing donations made to the civil rights movement with homemade sourdough breads and goods.
Some interesting things about Jacob (from his website https://www.jacobtischler.com/bio-resume):
· I live in NYC, but am a Vermonter at heart
· I bake sourdough bread from scratch using my homemade starter
· I had three llamas growing up: Hook, Sherlock, and Crackers
· I have lived in a minimum of 4 states/year for the past 4 years
· My last name is German, and means "Table-maker"
· I was in the circus for four years
· If I weren't acting, I'd be fly-fishing
· I travel with my own cookware, including a 6 quart dutch oven, my grandma's cast-iron skillet, and a Zojirushi coffee machine
Links from episode:
Jacob’s Website: https://www.jacobtischler.com/
Jacob’s Instagram: @yaycub.tischler
Starter Instagram: @startervt
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck- Mark Manson
Norman Lear- "Over, Next"
Follow our Instagram page @jackofalltrades_podcast for updates on new releases, guests and more!
Follow our host, Sarah Bishop on Instagram @sarahpbishop for more about what she does!
Song: Strong- written by Sarah Bishop, arranged and played by Laura Lynn Crytzer