Storytelling, Media Evolution, and the Future of Celebrity Journalism
Mar 05, 2020
So today is a special day, because we have Dan Wakeford in the studio. He's editor in chief of People Magazine and actually heads up the People brand in general, the largest magazine brand in the US.
On this episode, we discuss:
- Why, as a society, do we love, appreciate, and need celebrity journalism?
- How important is it to find compelling storylines with respect to celebrity journalism - and how that ties into storytelling journalism in general
- Some trends that celebrity journalism needs to lean into in order to survive and thrive
- The evolution of print - and why it may never entirely go away
- How a property like People thinks strategically about print, digital, and other modes of distribution
- Why Jeremy will never win People's Sexiest Man Alive
As always, we welcome your feedback. Please make sure to subscribe, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, and Google Play.