Newport Beach in the Rearview Mirror
3: Pop quiz on Newport history (No. 1)
Feb 17, 2021
Hosted by William Lobdell
A five-question, multiple-choice pop quiz on Newport Beach history. Here are the questions (no Googling before listening):
- What eyesore did the City Council nearly approve in 1956 that would have been just off the coast of Newport?
- What year were Corona del Mar's parking issues first brought to City Hall?
- Who was Bob Henry, the namesake of the park on the Castaways bluff?
- What amazing find did workers uncovered on the banks of the Back Bay during the construction of the Newporter Inn (now the Hyatt Regency)?
- What was Newport Center/Fashion Island's working name during its planning?