At the end of the Balboa Peninsula, the Wedge is internationally recognized as the world's best (and most dangerous) bodysurfing spot. In this episode, learn:
- How the Wedge was created by a manmade accident in 1936.
- Why no one dared to ride the Wedge for decades.
- Why bodysurfing at the Wedge faced extinction twice.
- How a rag-tag group of bodysurfers formed the Wedge Crew and has ruled the break for more than 50 years (all while wearing just Speedos).
- How bodysurfing the uniquely dangerous wave has led to leading innovations in the sport.
- The art of bodysurfing is being preserved through new generations of the Wedge Crew.
Guest: Tim Burnham, Wedge Crew member and producer and director of the award-winning surf documentary, "The Dirty Old Wedge."