The NC NICA Podcast
The Season of Adventure!
November 02, 2020
Michael Eastwood and Shawn Moore
- Podcast purpose
News/Main Topic: NCICL Season overview
- “The season of adventure”
- Why no races?
- So, what CAN we do?
- Explore NC - Destination Rides
- NICA ABC challenge
- Covid considerations for practice
- “Foot down, mask up”
- Practice pods
Program highlight: GRiT Coaches Retreat (Nov. 14-15 at Ride Kanuga)
- What is going to be offered
- 101/201 (days?)
- Round table discussions
- Rapha GRiT grant dramatically reduces cost
- What is included?
TD info/spotlight: PitZone information/reminders
- All coach licenses reset on Oct. 15.
- You only need to do what is required for the highest level you had last year
- Every level 2 and level 3 coach will have to reaffirm their contact hours (super simple process now)
- Remember that background checks are annual requirements now
- New online one-time ride waiver for adults and kids
HC/Coach info/spotlight: What’s your NICA why?
- In a time of uncertainty, thinking about what motivates you...
NICA sponsor/coaches discount highlight: Podiumwear
- Information on custom team facemasks
NC GRiT Jersey storefront reopened!
- firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- Follow up coaches call on (Nov. 16, 7:30 pm )
- Have a question? Have a topic idea for a future podcast? We want to hear from you!
Program highlight: NC GRiT female coach retreat
Team Director information
Head Coach/Coach information
NICA Sponsor highlight: Podiumwear