The NC NICA Podcast
Join us! We want more teammates!
February 01, 2021
Michael Eastwood and Shawn Moore
- What’s your favorite post ride activity?
- News/Main Topic: Join our Team! (Mike Long)
We are looking to both grow and diversify our team, and are actively interested in individuals from across the state with various experience, backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations.
- Filling open positions, as well as developing support staff for existing positions, is critical to our future success as we continue to experience explosive growth and continue to offer expanded programs and opportunities for NC’s youth to become a part of our thriving and engaged NICA community.
- We are also seeking to train additional race staff to help support and lead various roles throughout race weekend – so please feel free to reach out if you are interested in helping! Even if we do not have a position listed that quite fits your skills/interests I’m sure we can find a spot for you to fit right at home in!
3. Program highlight: Jeff Archer Loaner Bike Program (see Matt Hraban interview below - it’s a twofer)
4. TD info/spotlight: Trek Raffle - “New Year, New Bike!”
- Coming into the 2021 season NCICL applied to host a Trek Raffle to benefit the league AND our teams, and we are happy to report that we were chosen!
- This is a super simple and easy way for your teams to raise funds. When individuals purchase raffle tickets they will be able to support a team - and in that case the team and the league will split the proceeds 50/50!! The easy part - this is all online! No tickets to distribute, cash to collect, or COVID challenges. Just share the link!
10 Entries $10, 30 Entries $25, 75 Entries $50, 200 Entries $100
- Trek is providing some amazing prizes for the raffle.
Trek Fuel Ex 9.8
- WaveCel Helmet
- Bontrager Ion 200 RT/Flare RT Light Set
5. HC/Coach info/spotlight: GRiT Mentor Program (Chelle Frost)
Applications for the 2021 GRiT Mentor Program are now open until February 6th for new or beginner female student-athletes!
- 5 virtual calls to connect newer female student-athletes with Ambassadors from across the state. Also opportunity to connect mentors/mentees at Regional GRiT Events coming up across the state.
6. NICA sponsor/coaches discount highlight: Trek Matt Hraban, manager Trek Chapel Hill
- How teams and student-athletes can establish a relationship with their local bike shop the importance of that relationship, what bike shops do for the cycling community in their area, and the Trek NICA discount program.
- Follow up coaches call on Monday, February 15 at 7:30pm
- Have a question? Have a topic idea for a future podcast? We want to hear from you!
- email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on the trail!