COVID-19: Up Close and Personal
January 26, 2021
Towards the end of last year, our co-host Ken Berta (aka Surge) contracted COVID-19. Determined to add to our pool of knowledge on the virus and provide a resource for others, he kept a diary of his experience. In this episode, he talks candidly to fellow host, Dr. Rob Breiman (aka Spike) about his battle with COVID-19.
- 02:00 — Keeping a COVID diary. To document this disease, sharing our COVID experiences is critical. We all want to know what is going to happen next and what we should do when.
- 05:09 — Day One - The first symptoms and self-isolation: fatigue, muscle aches, and joint pain.
- 09:22 — Tests – not so easy to take and tough to sit through.
- 12:35 — Round two of symptoms: cough, migraine, nausea, low oxygen levels, chest constriction, and finally, the fever.
- 16:00 — Mitigation methods or how to stay out of hospital.
- 17:33 — Day Five - The symptoms compound and worsen, the delirium begins, but worst of all is not knowing what to do or whom to turn to for advice.
- 20:50 — Day Seven – loss of taste and smell
- 22:00 — Retracing the steps to exposure.
- 24:00 — The virus spreads to other family members.
- 27:20 — Eli Lilly monoclonal antibody trial.
- 33:00 — Lessons learned? Isolate, drink fluids, try to stay mobile, do breathing exercises, know where to go to get tested.
What is bamlanivimab | Antibody Drug | Lilly COVID-19 Treatment
Regeneron’s COVID-19 Response Efforts