Life Time Talks - Training
Episode #60 - Dr. Dave Shirazi - Sleep Hygiene - How vital sleep is to improve your health & fitness
May 05, 2021
Join Dr. David Shirazi, DDS and MS in Traditional Oriental Medicine and registered polysomnogram (sleep) technologist and Jason Stella discuss.....
- Why sleep is vital to live a happy healthy life
- Types of sleep
- Why / how sleep is disrupted
- Why so many people have hard times sleeping, getting into deep sleep?
- How sleep apnea has been found to cause ADHD in children.
- Ways to help improve your sleep
More about Dr David........
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Howard University College of Dentistry
- Washington, D.C., the fifth oldest dental school in the United States, Class of 2000
- Master of Science, Traditional Oriental Medicine. Class of 2006 Completed 3000 hour Masters program in acupuncture, herbology and TCM theory from SAMRA University, the very first Accredited School in Chinese Medicine in the United States.
- State Board Licensed Acupuncturist, California
- Master of Arts, Psychology; University of Santa Monica, School of Spiritual Psychology. Class of 2008; and 2010 for a 1 year post graduate extension certificate
- Registered Polysomnogram Technologist from 2011-2016. Credentialed via BRPT, the gold standard in sleep technology, and was able to conduct and score PSG’s and HST’s.
- Over 2000 hours of continuing education in advanced orthodontics, TMJ disorders management, headaches, neuralgias, and sleep disordered breathing, Over 300 hours of continuing education in various techniques in Chinese and Korean Medicine.
- Diplomate, American Board of Craniofacial Pain–Dental Sleep Medicine. To receive this degree, a DDS or MD must complete at least 50 CE units in Sleep related credits, at least 10 hours of on-site sleep medicine observation in which 5 of those hours must be in an accredited sleep laboratory, treated 10 OSA patients with an oral appliancewith five patient summaries (over 400 pages) with pre- and post sleep studies to confirm efficacy of treatment as well as to successfully pass an all-day board exam. A 501c6 Board