In this episode, Ilana and Mordechai discuss intuitive eating and how understanding your emotions can help manage your cravings and help avoid negative self-feelings. They delve into their own emotions and go on a journey of understanding what shapes their reactions.
- Ilana believes that mindfulness is critical to understanding the difference between a craving and a need.
- Sometimes submitting to a craving is not about the food. It’s about the act of numbing an emotion.
- If you dig deep enough into why an emotion exists, you will sometimes find that it is because of something that will never happen or that it is just a story that you are telling yourself.
- If you allow yourself to feel, then you can learn to process the feelings and understand how to manage your emotions better.
- Most people are not eating things that look like products from the earth.
- There can be some negative social interactions when you are making healthy choices and others see it as different or lacking fun.
- Trying to eat healthily can make it difficult to socialize since food is such a cultural staple.
- There are other ways to connect with people than food.
- Constant consumption of perfection on social media and commercials is a reminder that we are not good enough.
- Meditation can be helpful. You can find the time. Nothing says that you have to meditate for a specific time.
- Breakaway from screens and go out into the world and move and find a way to experience the earth.
- Going after a goal with too much rigor can cause you to fail. Find ways to make it fun and start simple.
- Start with self-love and acceptance. Then take the next step.
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
Daring greatly Brene Brown
All past episodes of the podcast: