Solo Episode: My Ambivalence About Parenthood in 7 Short Stories
January 16, 2023
In this episode, I share a series of moments throughout my life that stand out as pivotal moments in my ambivalence:
- The shocking thing I learned at 6 and my executive decision at that early age.
- My role model for becoming a mother late in life.
- My twenties and the time of avoiding pregnancy like the plague.
- My 29th birthday and the expiration date I stickered on myself.
- How a conversation with a stranger on a hike opened my eyes to the idea I didn’t HAVE to be a parent to lead a fulfilling life.
- Ongoing checkpoints with my husband and the moment we were no longer on the same page.
- How a book, a visit to Poland, and spending time with children all came together with a clear “I could do this” about motherhood.
In this episode, I also share the pregnancy goal I set at the beginning of 2022, some of my emotional journey over the last two weeks, and what’s happening with me right now on this journey.