In this episode I share a conversation with Dr. Deb Bernstein, a licensed psychologist who has been in clinical practice in Warwick, New York for 24 years. Dr. Deb as a renaissance woman — she is also a potter and a gourmet cook with 12,000 followers on her food blog on Instagram (Dr.Debs.pots). Whether it is with her patients, through her pottery, as a gourmet cook, or as a mother, Dr. Deb sees her life work as creating and witnessing transformation. We begin with exchanging ideas on a sex therapy case in which the woman felt no desire and thought that she would be perfectly happy if she didn’t have sex for the rest of her life. We then move on to talk about the hot topic of sexual consent, including how we give or don’t give clear signals of yes or no to going further. Lastly, Dr. Deb shares some stories and ideas about how to deal with the pain of losing a loved one. This episode is sponsored by PonderRosa studios of Lafayette New Jersey. Warm sound, good people (ponderRosastudios.com)
How to leave a rating on iTunes
1) Launch Apple’s purple Podcast app in your phone
2) Even if you already subscribe to / have Psychology America and it is open, tap “Search”
3) Enter “Psychology America with Dr. Alexandra”
4) Tap on the photo of the podcast
5) Scroll all the way down
6) Press the star rating you choose and/or tap the “write a review.” For the highest rating tap the last star on the right first.
Your review is appreciated!