* Learn four ways to have a civil political discussion with someone with whom you disagree.
* Learn how to talk politics when you and your family member are on opposites side of the political spectrum.
* Learn what researchers have discovered about how terrorists think and how can this help us with our own heated discussions.
* How does hate affect the brain?
* Are love and hate opposite sides of the same coin?
* Can the stress caused by disagreeing over politics get passed on to future generations ?
* How can listening to understand (rather than to persuade) foster more civil discussions?
Guest Neill Clark shares his experiences about trying to have political discussions with family, friends and neighbors that foster understanding. Neill explains how the skills he has learned as an attorney have sometimes hurt his efforts to have meaningful conversations. Dr. Alexandra and Neill together suggest ways we can connect with and engage those with whom we disagree.