If you haven’t had a chance to hear this podcast episode I highly recommend it! Fascinating new learning from Robert McGrath, Ph.D. who just co-authored (with Ryan Niemiec) The Power of Character Strengths: Appreciate and Ignite Your Positive Personality (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578434296/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_-xVFCb972S2HK), a book which teaches us about positive psychology while offering practical “how to” ideas for self improvement. The delightful conversation in this podcast offers interesting ideas and stories gleaned from Dr. McGrath’s world expertise on positive psychology, including:
* What are the six virtues that religious and moral traditions across the planet have in common?
* What have studies of over one million people determined to be the “essential three” virtues
* What does it really take to be a good person?
* What are the roles of courage, curiosity and humor?
* What can Ben Franklin teach us about virtues?
* Can we have too much of a virtue?
* What happens if you are great at one virtue but lousy at another, are you still virtuous?
* Are virtues seen in animals?