In this Episode:
She’s back. Vince and Jeanna have another conversation with Dr. Camila Williams. In this episode, they talk to Dr. Williams about the benefits of working a recovery program that involves therapy and a 12-step community and when to get a professional involved in recovery.
Listen in as Camila identifies green light (all is good), yellow light (proceed with caution), and red light behaviors (call a therapist) that a sponsor can look for when working with a sponsee.
Highlights in this Episode Include:
· The importance of belonging to a community in recovery.
· The Seeking Safety Program to help people reduce trauma and substance abuse symptoms without total abstinence from drugs and alcohol.
· What to look for in determining whether a sponsor should suggest to his or her sponsee that they seek professional help.
· The role of the therapist in the sponsor, sponsee, and therapist relationship.
· Identifying depression and grief in recovery.
About Dr. Camila Williams:
As a "Perfectionist in Recovery" and a mother of three, Dr. Camila understands only too well the delicate balance between the strive for excellence and crippling self-doubt. Perfectionists learn how to get out of their own way and break the shackles of self-doubt, limiting beliefs, and procrastination to truly live into their gifts and drive without always second-guessing themselves.
Dr. Camila Online:
Facebook Page: https://bit.ly/FBpageLivingWell
Are you looking to "Unlock a new level of creativity, confidence and freedom & take a faster path to success?"
Check out Dr. Camila's free guide.
Get More from Back Porch Chats:
Visit Back Porch Chats' website
Contact Vince or Jeanna
Follow us on Facebook
Connect with Jeanna Online:
Follow Now Sober Coach's Facebook Page
Join the FREE Now Sober Coach Facebook group
Connect on Instagram
Check out Now Sober's website
How You Can Help
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to offer your support, there are three things you can do.
1. Head over to your favorite podcast app and leave a review.
2. Share this episode on social media.
3. Visit our store and wear your support. Now available: Back Porch Chats Merchandise in the Now Sober Lifestyle store.