I'm Not for Everyone
S2E6: Finding Freedom in Love with Kari Lu Cowell
November 09, 2021
There are so many harmful narratives and stories around love, romance & sex. What it “should” be and what it “should” look like and feel like. Dr. Lee’s guest today, Kari Lu Cowell - kinky, ethical love coach - joins us as she shares her shame story and discusses ethical non-monogamy, kink, and how to get free from the harmful narratives around love - and explore your sexuality and love life, without the shame!
- Kari’s shame story and her experience with a toxic mother
- Her insight on the relationship between adoption & trauma
- “Loving yourself before you can be loved” - why Kari doesn’t subscribe to this idea!
- Ethical non-monogamy & kink, and what led her to this work
- The power exchange in relationships (and the freedom that can be found in BDSM!)
- Kari’s advice for moving forward from shame
- And more!
Connect with Kari: