The Higher Gear CIO
Series 2, Episode 2: Set the example and hold people accountable
June 15, 2021
- Set the example and hold people accountable
- Everyone wants to be a value add to the team
- Everyone is doing the best they can with the knowledge they have - If they knew better, they would do better!
- Good coaches ask questions!
- Lessen the power of your own personal blind spots
- Whatever you tolerate you perpetuate
- When you hold people accountable you help them grow
- People want to be on a winning team
- When you listen to your team you get better results
- How to start having the conversation on culture and how important is it
- When you ask questions, it becomes their idea and not your idea
- One of the most important things we do as leaders is hold people accountable
How do I reflect on myself as a leader?
- Am I asking my team: "What do you need to be good at what you do here"?
- Is my team excelling and performing in response to my leadership style?
- Is what I am doing contagious across the company?
- Am I tough as well as kind and relational?
- Am I clarifying the standards?
- Am I okay with being vulnerable and humble?
- Do I walk past problems?