Speaker 1: All right. You're in the series, actually. That's perfect.
Speaker 2: Cause we're in the series mix tape
Speaker 3: [inaudible]
Speaker 2: Anybody know what a mixed tape is. So a mixed tape is whenever you had one of these sitting in your room and you decided that this was, this is today. They call them playlists and they're drag and drop downloads. But back then we had to work for our playlist and you'd put one tape in one deck and then another tape in another deck. And you would line up the song that you were ready to play. And if you had a fancy tape deck, then, then you could get it all set up and just hit unpause. And they'd both start spinning at the same time. But if you weren't that wealthy, then, then you didn't have the unpause. And you just had to click them both at the same time as best you could. And, and you know that if you didn't hit it right, then the beginning of your song would go like that. And you know what I'm talking about, or maybe if you were recording off the radio, you hope that your song that you were looking for would come in after a commercial, because typically they would announce it and say, oh right. When we come back from this commercial break, we're going to be playing whatever the song was. And you'd be like, all right, so you get all ready and you'd be waiting for all 73,506 commercials. And as soon as that last one you thought played you'd, you'd do this, you know? And in between the songs there wasn't any kind of standardization. You could have a three minute, a three second break, or you could have a 42nd break or one song could just roll right into the next song. And that's how it was. But the reason you did mix tapes is because my mix tapes were all about wanting to listen to certain things in my car. And so I would, I would make a mix tape and I'd put it in my car and all my favorite songs would then play. But most people, when they did mix tapes, it was to show their great admiration and love for someone. And so they would, they would put all of their feelings together by different artists and different bands and stuff like that. And different songs. They put all of their feelings together and they'd sometimes they'd go hand it to somebody who didn't even know that they existed in order to try to tell them about the deep abiding life long, never gonna end love that they had for them in that moment until next week. And somebody else got a big state, but anyway, they, but that's, that was kind of the idea behind the mixtape that, that you would put all of this time and devotion into putting just the right mix of songs together, to share with somebody you love. And I'm going to tell you this, I love you. And I believe that you love me, even if you don't want to, you do, I'm just going to believe it in faith. You do. And, and we, our team has put together a series of sermons here. It won't all be the same person, speaking different messages, different people, and, but all working together for the encouragement and for the betterment of our faith family, we are, we are moving forward together. And so I'm looking forward to mixtape and it's going to be a good series. I encourage you to be here today. I want to talk to you about what it means to have a power shift in your life. A power shift. We're going to start off with our big idea. The big idea is you live with the power of Christ in your life. You live with the power of Christ in your life. He's there, he's in you. If you are a believer today, it's Christ in you. That is your hope of glory. If you're a believer today, the holy spirit is empowering your life.
Speaker 1: Think about all
Speaker 2: That was expressed through the life of Christ.
Speaker 1: It was a lot. It was a lot of power in the life of Christ. You might rightly say, I'm not crying. I've checked. And that's not me. I agree
Speaker 2: That it isn't you nor is it me. But here's what the Bible says in Romans chapter eight, verse 11, the spirit of God who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you.
Speaker 1: So the spirit of God that
Speaker 2: The miracle of raising Jesus from dead lives in you, you me, the believers, and just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same spirit within you. Now he's talking about the resurrection from the dead. He's talking. You think about how, when Jesus Christ returns, the Bible says that the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then those which are alive and remain will be caught up together. Okay? It's the commonly referred to rapture. Although the scripture doesn't use that term rapture specifically, the catching away, if you will, but he, this is what he's talking about. He's saying even if you die, God has the ability to raise you up. Just like he raised up Christ. All right? But he's saying that that spirit lives in you. He's not saying that spirit will live within you. He's not saying that that spirit at some point will work upon you. He said that same spirit is within you present tense. And then he also writes in Ephesians one. I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him. It's the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and him in the place of honor at God's right hand, the same power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him at the right hand of the father. Okay? That's the power that lives
Speaker 1: In you. Then he goes
Speaker 2: On verse 21. Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else, not only in this world, but also in the world to come. So he's telling us very clearly that the power that raised Jesus from the dead leaves within the believer, present tense, are you, if you're a believer, raise your hand. Okay. So that's you that's me. If you're a believer, then the same power that lived in Christ that raised Christ from the dead lives in you present tense. And then he says that that power is not only for the next world, but it's also in this present world. He says it in reverse, not only in this world, but also in the world to come. So he's telling us that that power is within us and that power will work within us, regardless of our situation, our circumstance, our issue, our condition, the power of God works in the life of the believer. And so ultimately we know, and we understand, and we see, and it's obvious that believers are powerful,
Speaker 1: Powerful. If you're a believer
Speaker 2: Where you are powerful, but it does not always seem like it. There are times when it does not seem like you're powerful at all. Sometimes the world presses against you, pushes against you situations, push and press against you to the point where you just feel crowded and, and you feel weak. You feel powerless. You feel like you cannot do anything about the situation that you're in and you need a power shift in your life. And that's what I want to talk about.
Speaker 1: This power shift. Jesus
Speaker 2: Gave us an example of a power shift in the garden of gifs.
Speaker 1: Semini he's in the garden, praying
Speaker 2: To the father. In fact, John chapter 17 is where we were last, last month, talking about the prayer that he prayed. God father, let them be one, even as we are one, but now we're in John 18 and he has this incredible moment of intimacy and wonder what the father, he says, things like not my will, but thy will be done. And, and everything seems to come together. And man, he's at peace and he's ready to do what needs to be done. And then,
Speaker 1: And then he still pressed
Speaker 2: Theirs seasoned here where he stressed. He stretched, he strained,
Speaker 1: The friends came with him. It's nice to have friends. They came with him, but they were sleeping. They theoretically
Speaker 2: Understood what was going on, but they didn't feel what he was feeling.
Speaker 1: They didn't know exactly what was happening there. And when he to make peace with the moment, the moment shifted, he says, not
Speaker 2: Now I will, but thine be done. He gets up.
Speaker 1: He's ready to roll. He's feeling good. Ooh, I got this. I don't know if Jesus did that, but I got this. I can.
Speaker 2: And then the sound of soldiers filled the garden.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been at peace with something? And then just
Speaker 2: One or two things shifted and it seemed like you were going, Hey, peace, peace, peace. Where would that go? Where, where suddenly you can't seem to get a hold of it. I don't think that was Jesus at all. He he's at peace now, but now the soldiers are filling the garden to arrest him. And they are in control
Speaker 1: By every logical
Speaker 2: Way of looking at this, the soldiers are controlling the situation. They have political control because they're the Roman soldiers. Rome is ruling the territory and the Romans are enforcing their, their rule, their wall, their ways upon the people. And so if the Roman soldiers are coming to get you, you got[inaudible],
Speaker 1: They're in control politically,
Speaker 2: Economically. They they're running the economy of the world. Romas
Speaker 1: Socially.
Speaker 2: They can impress their society on anyone that they want to because they have all the power numerically. There's one Jesus. And there's a bunch of soldiers. So they're in control in every way, except yes, even relationally, because while the Roman soldiers may not have known who Jesus was and he might be able to say, Hey, who are you looking for? And they said, we're looking for Jesus of Nazareth. And he goes, yeah, my name's Bob, how you doing? Um, I don't know where Jesus is at all.
Speaker 1: He was just here. He
Speaker 2: Could have done that, maybe potentially to the Roman soldiers, but he could not have done that to Judas his friend who was leading the soldiers to him.
Speaker 1: There was no
Speaker 2: Way for him to get out of that. They're arresting Jesus. And there seems to be nothing he can do about it. And maybe you can relate. Maybe you can relate in your own world that you've reached your limit, but the world isn't quite
Speaker 1: Done with you yet,
Speaker 2: Maybe in your life it's COVID and issues dealing with it. Maybe it's economic issues that are relating from it or other things, you know, everything in the world isn't directly COVID related though. It seems like it is at times there's other things going on, economic. How about societaly there, there are situations going on in culture and society that just are putting stress and strain on different things and, and how you interact with people that maybe you've interacted with them your whole life. But all of a sudden, it seems like things are more pressurized than they'd been before. Maybe it's not society at all. Maybe it's in your own home and your family within the four walls of your house and things are stressed and strained and, and you've reached your limit and you might have good friends that are walking with you, but just because they're your friends doesn't mean don't doesn't mean that they can always relate exactly to what's going on in your world. And in this mall, you might feel logically disadvantaged And listen, it's easy if you don't have a lot, or if you think you don't have a lot to say, well, if I just had more of this or just had more of that, or, or if that was right in my life, then everything would be okay. It doesn't matter where you are on any, on any measure of status. The fact of the matter is that everybody feels down. Sometime everybody is overwhelmed at some time, and everybody needs a power shift to occur in their life at some point. So Jesus here, soldiers come in and, and, and he doesn't shrink away. In fact, Jen Jesus, knowing that all would happen to him. So he didn't walk into this, not understanding what was going on in John 18, verse four, it says Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them,
Speaker 1: Whom do you seek? They answered Jesus of Nazareth. And Jesus said to them, I am he
Speaker 2: Judas who betrayed him, was standing with them. And when Jesus said to them, I am he, they drew back and fell to the ground.
Speaker 1: So here are
Speaker 2: A bunch, two Roman soldiers looking at one Jesus. And Jesus says, I am he and bam. They fall to the ground power
Speaker 1: Shifts in that moment.
Speaker 2: Prior to that, they were absolutely in control.
Speaker 1: I cannot
Speaker 2: Imagine that they felt threatened in any way whatsoever. They're walking in with swords, they're walking in with numbers. They're walking in with all the temporal authority that they could, that could be mustard. And they're standing in front of one guy who is in a small region, in a, in an insignificant place, in all reality in the Roman world. And they're standing there and they're about to take him into custody and there's nothing he can do. And yet he says three words and they're on the ground. Can I tell it to you this way? God is always the most powerful player in the situation. There is never a moment in which God is not the most powerful player. He is always the one that is in control. He is the almighty God and God's identity defines as authority
Speaker 1: When he declares something to be, it becomes, he is one who shifts the power dynamic
Speaker 2: In any moment when he's engaged, when he's involved. And he has a long history of working through people. Think about all the way back in the old Testament. When you have this guy named Moses, that, that he's, he's, he's born to a Jewish mother, but he's raised by a Pharaoh's daughter in the palace. And, and then years later, he understands who he is. He sees injustice being done. And so he strikes out, but in his striking out, he aligns himself with the people of God. And, and, and now he's, he's not in alignment with Pharaoh anymore. And suddenly he's running for his life. And now he's in the backside of the desert, which is a bad place to be. And he's in the backside of the desert. And he's a, he's now a shepherd instead of a prince. And, and he's, he's trying to figure out what to do in God. In fact, he thinks he's escaped the situation. He's got a wife now he's got a family. Now things are going good. He's building a life for himself, way back over here. But God appears to him in a burning Bush and says, listen, dude, I'm not
Speaker 1: Done with you yet. The Hebrew of dude, I don't know the, uh,
Speaker 2: He says, I'm not done with you yet. And Moses is trying to figure out, all right. So here's the, here's a, here's a couple of issues that I have God with your plan. Um, and me, uh, and so, and so number one, I can't talk really well. Number two, who do I say? When I look at Pharaoh, the most powerful man in the known world at the time, do I, who do I say
Speaker 1: Is sending me on this mission? Whose
Speaker 2: Authority am I working within? And God speaks to Moses and says in Exodus three, I am who I am say this to the people of Israel I am has sent me
Speaker 1: To you. So
Speaker 2: The, I am God, the one who is what needs he needs to be in this very moment. The God who's not going to be or was, but the one who is present tense in this moment, in this situation, in this circumstance, he's the one who was working in you and through you Moses. And when Pharaoh asks, who sends you say the God, who's right here right now and who, who can be anything he needs to be in order to get the job done. That's the one that sent me to you right now.
Speaker 1: The I am has sent me to you and
Speaker 2: That declaration still changes everything
Speaker 1: Today. The I am
Speaker 2: Good. God is the one that raised Jesus from the dead. The I am, God is the one who dwells within you. The, I am, God has not stopped being the, I am. He remains the,
Speaker 1: I am. And he remains
Speaker 2: The, I am God in your life today. In fact,
Speaker 1: He spoke through Moses. He is who Jesus claimed to be. And he lives in you. You and I
Speaker 2: Accepting that and working within that reality is what causes a power shift to occur in our lives. It allows us to experience a power shift, whether it be on our job or in our company that we own, or, or run or manager or in our family or in our relationships or in our finances or wherever it may be understanding who is within us, who we are and whose we are makes a big difference in, in the power dynamic that we're operating within. And I have two thoughts for us today, and I cannot promise you that I'll stay with my notes, but I can promise you that I will give you two blanks to fill in. Okay. Thought number one is this private devotion results in public expression, private devotion results in public expression. Devotion is this thing that it's the love. It's the loyalty, it's the enthusiasm
Speaker 1: For someone or something. That's what devotion means. It means
Speaker 2: That we love them, that we're excited about them, that we, that we're loyal
Speaker 1: To, to them, to them or to
Speaker 2: That. Cause whatever it may, may be.
Speaker 1: But in Christianity, we often say devotion, as in, at
Speaker 2: Six 30 every morning, I sit down with my Bible and my pen and my journal. And I read the Bible. I say, hello and good morning to Jesus. And then, uh, write some stuff down in my journal. Now there's nothing wrong with that. If you know anything about five lakes, church, we encourage that every single day in our life Bible reading plan and our journaling plan and so on. I love it. I love it, but that's not all of devotion. It's just one expression of devotion. We call it devotion. But devotion really is
Speaker 1: A consistent honoring of something, a consistent connection to something. It
Speaker 2: It's not saying, okay, I'm devoted to my wife. And, and so on Tuesdays at six 30, I say hello to her. We talked for a minute and I write some things down and then I'll see you next Tuesday at six 30.
Speaker 1: No, that's not how that works
Speaker 2: Or I'd be a single man. That's what would be in my devotional right there you are single. No devotion means more than just a particular.
Speaker 1: It means a life lifestyle.
Speaker 2: It means how we make decisions and, and determine our actions
Speaker 1: And move into our futures. In fact, public,
Speaker 2: This expression always follows private devotion. It always follows private devotion.
Speaker 1: Think about those
Speaker 2: People who have publicly express certain things politically or, or in faith, religiously declared themselves to be something that later on, we all discovered that they weren't what they are. What you find now does that their private devotion did not match or align with their public. We would like it. If our devotion followed our public expression, I am thin. I do not like cake. I hate ice cream. That may be my public expression, but my private devotion to cake and ice
Speaker 1: Cream will actually
Speaker 2: Be the thing that is eventually publicly expressed.
Speaker 1: It doesn't go the other direction, uh,
Speaker 2: In our world. They, they say fake it till you make it think like where you want to go dress, like where you want to go, you know, drive like where you want to go speak, like where you want to go. And I agree with the thinking like where you want to go and speak, like where you want to go. I completely
Speaker 1: Agree with that. But driving like where you want to go. If, if, if, if it fits your budget drive like where you want to go.
Speaker 2: But if your budget says Hondai and you're where you want to go, says Mercedes point your bicycle to the Honda dealership. Okay. Because w because you're going to find yourself in deficit.
Speaker 1: Consistently people
Speaker 2: Say dress like where you want to go. Well, if, if your budget says target, but where you want to go says, Nordstrom's
Speaker 1: Drive to target. Don't go to Nordstrom's. If
Speaker 2: You'll drive to target long enough and maintain your, uh, stewardship properly, then you'll end up being able to drive to Nordstrom's without trying to worry about how you're going to pay for where you're going.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. So
Speaker 2: What happens and why this is difficult is because private devotion doesn't instantly show up in public expression. So if I eat an entire cheesecake tonight,
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, my pants size won't change, but eventually y'all will say, huh?
Speaker 2: His private devotion is different than his public expression. Because now after several months of this, he is expressing publicly what he's actually doing privately.
Speaker 1: And that's what we
Speaker 2: Find in a politician that fails a religious leader that fails in a business leader that fails in every person that ends up not, not living out what they declare themselves to be what's happened in his public expression is, is following there. So you're worried about what everybody thinks about you and what actually is what you should be worried about is what you're doing when no one's looking at it. Yeah, I am. I am more dedicated to Christie, not when I'm standing in front of Christie, but by my actions, my attitudes and my comportment when I'm not in front of her, when she's not in the room. And she would never ever know
Speaker 1: Until
Speaker 2: My public expression aligned with my private devotion. And then she wouldn't know private devotion results in public expression, Jesus ended and we'll start it in, into his ministry. In private places. In the beginning, he was in the wilderness. He was privately tested in the lust of the flesh, less to the eye and pride of life. He was faithful in his private devotion, and that became public miracles. Disciples developed an unmatched impact made in the world. He ended his ministry in the same way, private testing in the garden,
Speaker 1: Stressed and strained, and
Speaker 2: So overwhelmed that it was like he was sweating
Speaker 1: And, and
Speaker 2: Yet he's privately faithful.
Speaker 1: And so he is publicly, publicly tied, publicly tried publicly beaten, publicly crowned with thorns and publicly nailed to a cross
Speaker 2: He's publicly pierced with the spirit. He publicly dies and he publicly goes
Speaker 1: To the grave.
Speaker 2: And so one might think, well, why on earth would I want to be privately devoted to something that's going to publicly result in all of those
Speaker 1: Things. Now I liked the public
Speaker 2: Expression of miracles and disciples and, and expansion of influence. I love all that part, but w w w w why would I want to be privately devoted? Can I cut a deal on the side? Can I, can I do something different that will cause the public expression of my private devotion to be something different? Huh? How about we work it out some other way. That's what Jesus was doing when he said, if there's another way, Lord, if there's another way father, but when the father didn't say, yeah, there's another way he said, but not my will done be done. And he, and he publicly went through with the father's plan and everybody thought he lost until the third day.
Speaker 1: Because on
Speaker 2: The third day, yes, he, yes, he was tied. Yes. He was tried. Yes. He was beaten. Yes. He was crowned in. Yes. He was nailed to a cross where he died. But on the third day he rose and he rose in power and authority. He rose in a power and authority that could not be matched by anything this earth had to offer. He rose in power and authority in such a way as that, where he would never go down again. He rose in power and authority in such a way as to where right now he sits at the right hand of the father. And he was able to say, all power in heaven and earth belongs to me. It's been given to me by my father, by your father. That's where he sits right now. Yes, yes. For a moment, the private devotion led to a difficult public expression, but it w it ended in absolute total authority being given over to him, I would say the three days were worth it. Praise God, certainly I'd say those three days were worth it for you and me. Because when he went through all of that, he'll he, he was able to give you an I a power and authority that was beyond this world. And that's why Paul could write that that same power lived in you and lives
Speaker 1: In me. And so my
Speaker 2: Encouragement today is revealed God's power through your life. By aligning your private devotion with your public expression,
Speaker 1: You said, well, my public expression, isn't good. Then repent. You
Speaker 2: Said private devotion. Isn't good. Then repent. What repentance is, is saying, um, I'm off a norm off, I'm sorry that I'm off and I'm going to get
Speaker 1: It right. And by getting it right with him, his
Speaker 2: Forgiveness flowing in our life. Now we're able to walk and stand with power. And suddenly we become a clear conduit for God's power to work in us. The power is there. It's just like you take a water hose, the Allstate, a water hose. Do we say it? Okay. My father says hosepipe I even, I can't explain that. Okay. So, but should take a water hose and everything's flowing freely, and then you kink it.
Speaker 1: That's what happens.
Speaker 2: Private devotion. Isn't aligned with our public expression. It's just a little often. Now is the holy spirit there. Yes. Do you lose your salvation? If those things were off
Speaker 1: Now? No, I
Speaker 2: I'm. I'm not, I'm not talking heaven and hell. I'm talking about a better life. And, and, and when suddenly those things are aligned now, it's boom. Now, if you've never repented and allowed Jesus Christ to be your Lord and savior, then I am talking about heaven or hell. But, but if you're a believer today and your private devotion has gotten off, you're still saying the right things publicly, but privately, you know, you're way off. Then, then repentance is unkinking that hose
Speaker 1: In your life and letting the
Speaker 2: Holy spirit begin to work through you. Secondly, so first is repentant. Secondly, it's obedience submitting to his will in his word.
Speaker 1: And third is worship
Speaker 2: Allowing him to be lifted up and magnified in your life on a regular basis. While you submit yourself to him and you recognize who he is versus who you are,
Speaker 1: Praise God. And
Speaker 2: That bridge thought. Number two, that live in the power. You have not from the power desire
Speaker 1: Live.
Speaker 2: How are you have not for the power you desire. Jesus knew who he was. And he knew who he
Speaker 1: Would be. He knew
Speaker 2: That where he was standing and he knew that one day he would sit at them at the right hand of the father and all power and all authority. And yet when they said, we're looking for Jesus of Nazareth, he didn't say I will be who I will be. He didn't say I will become who I shall become. He didn't say someday, let me tell you a story about how it's going to be in my life. He said, I
Speaker 1: Am he, he
Speaker 2: Was operating from the power that he had in his life. He knew what his destiny was, but he also understood what his reality was. His destiny was as the one sitting in all power and all authority at the right hand of the father. His reality was a lamb slain from the foundation of the world. And bef before he could be the one at the right hand, he had to be the one on
Speaker 1: The cross. He had to be the lamb before he could be the champion. And so you
Speaker 2: Find Jesus saying, not my will, he's operating his in the authority that he has. You can only experience a power shift based on what's in your hand, you can use it different ways. You can operate it with different ways, but you can only use experience a power shift based on what is in your
Speaker 1: Hand. It's got
Speaker 2: To be something that you have if only, and when I attitudes are the enemies of your power shift,
Speaker 1: When
Speaker 2: People start saying, well, if I only had,
Speaker 1: Or when I have,
Speaker 2: What, what we're doing is we're, we're negating the power shift that that could occur right now recognize the authority and the power that you hold in your hand and within your heart, within your spirit, the power of God in operation within you right now today, Jesus could have said all power and authority will be given to me so back off, but he didn't.
Speaker 1: He said, I am he, I am. He. And that led him through a process. Christy
Speaker 2: Is a professional web developer. My wife, she does the website for our church. She's not really happy that I'm telling you that right now.
Speaker 1: She's really good. And
Speaker 2: She did every, all the media stuff for the church down in Houston, before we came
Speaker 1: Here, she's really good at it, but she didn't start there. When
Speaker 2: Christie first started building websites is because we were in Chicago, planting a church, and we're trying to get the word out around the city, that there was a new church in town that maybe they should consider visiting.
Speaker 1: And so
Speaker 2: We went to the radio station in town and it was a Christian radio station. And we met with them because we're Christians and they're Christians. And we thought, you know, Christians are nice to Christians. And they said, is your budget$10,000 a month or more? I said, we make$800 a month and no more so, no. And they said, well, we can't really talk to you until your budgets at least 10,000 a month. So we walked out of there feeling a little bit less. Then we got in the car, driving home. And Christie said, you know, I think I might be able to learn how to build
Speaker 1: A website. And so
Speaker 2: We stopped at the store and we got websites for dummies or something like that. And she started figuring out how to build a website. And our first website was built in word, not only is it a windows product, which you have to forgive us for that. But number two, that's a joke. Sorry, the that's not what you build websites in, but that's what she built her website. And it wasn't, it wasn't her best website ever.
Speaker 1: And it took her a
Speaker 2: Long time to build it as she learned,
Speaker 1: But it was effective. We didn't have
Speaker 2: A lot, but we used what was in our hand. And suddenly people started showing up to the church saying, well, I saw you online. And then Chrissy was like, oh, you did. We started with what was in our hand. Now, today she works on a powerful computer and she's using all the Adobe products and she's, she knows how to make it happen. And she can make it happen relatively fast. And she, and she keeps everything moving. She's an expert in this area of, of industry and, and she's amazing, but she did not wait to be amazing before she became effective. Yeah. Could it be that there are some people in this room right now that you keep waiting for your power level to be here, but you're not using the power level.
Speaker 1: That's here. You, you, you keep
Speaker 2: Waiting for a million dollars, but you won't manage a hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: You keep waiting
Speaker 2: For the best relationship. If your life, whenever you won't manage the relationship that you have. Now, you keep dreaming about the day when you can speak to a mountain and it will be fall. It'll go into the sea, but you don't use the faith that God's given you to operate with today.
Speaker 1: You keep waiting
Speaker 2: For that thing to happen to where all of your problems we will be gone, but you don't use the authority that you have in the problem right now.
Speaker 1: And it could
Speaker 2: Be because you're looking at it and saying, well, if I do that, there's still going to be pain. Yes, there will still be pain in your life. Even
Speaker 1: With authority. If you're working for the bigger picture, Jesus
Speaker 2: Is the most powerful man to ever walk the earth. He has a direct link with the father. He has God made flesh. He is the son of God. And yet he was not exempt from all pain.
Speaker 1: Jesus is, is,
Speaker 2: Is the one who the scripture says, could call down a Legion of angels. And they would have released him from the cross. And yet he doesn't do that when he could, because he had a bigger purpose in mind.
Speaker 1: And when he went
Speaker 2: Through all the drama and the trauma, God raised him from the dead on the other end. And so what I'm saying to you is this, your situation may look really dire right now, but the same power that rose Jesus from the dead lives in you. You're your resource may seem to be really lacking right now, but the same power that rose Jesus from the dead lives in you, the relationship may be just be holding on by a thread, but the same power that rose Jesus from the dead lives in you, your business may seem to be failing, but the same power that rose Jesus from the dead lives in you. Your relationship with Christ may seem a little faltered, but the same power that rose Jesus from the dead lives in use. All I'm asking you all, I'm encouraging you. You and me both to do is let's use the power that's within us. Yes, we might face a problem, but if God will allow us to face the problem, he'll take us through the problem. If he doesn't take me out of it, it means he's going to take us through it. And at the other side, we're going to be better off than before. I believe that praise the name of the Lord. I believe it because the same power that rose Jesus from the dead
Speaker 4: Lives in you lives in you
Speaker 2: Don't spend more time hiding from the issue than you do, addressing your scary pastor. David,
Speaker 4: Apparently that's funny. So you're scary. You're a big problem. You're an issue in life. And so
Speaker 2: It's, it's normal for me to try to shield myself from
Speaker 4: You instead
Speaker 2: Of using the authority or the power that God's given me to address you.
Speaker 4: But
Speaker 2: Jesus did not wait to be captured. He stepped forward. The moment he stepped forward and said, I am he the power shifted. And the ones who had been in power
Speaker 4: Fell to the ground.
Speaker 2: Now Jesus still went. He was still bound because he chose that. He still went to be tried, but he had not lost any power. He was still whipped, no loss of power. He was still crowned with thorns,
Speaker 4: No loss of power. He was nailed to the cross, no loss of power. He died, power remain
Speaker 2: Stabbed in the side button, water flow,
Speaker 4: No loss of power. He's taken to the cave, the tomb. And it's in the tomb. When
Speaker 2: All power seemed to be gone, that he descends into
Speaker 4: Haiti and he
Speaker 2: Takes her the enemy, the keys to death, hell and the girl. He takes total authority right there. From that place of total. What seems to be weakness in the eyes of the world that he rises to? Ultimately, I don't know what you're going through right now. I don't know what your situation you're facing. And I don't know what press all I'm saying is don't forget
Speaker 4: That there's power in you. And when you say I am, I am a child of God. I am a son.
Speaker 2: I am a daughter of the king. I am one who is favored by the Lord. I am one. Who's empowered by the holy spirit. I am one who can walk through the battle of the valley of the shadow of death. And I will fear no evil because God is with me. I am the one. I am one of his. When we're able to say that, suddenly yes, we will walk through trial, but we will walk with head high. Yes, there will be a battle, but we will not become tired. Yes. There will be difficulty that we will face, but God will see us through why? Because a power shift occurs and now maybe it looks like I'm down, but I still am powerful. Even in this moment. Why not? Because of who I am, but because the power that rose Jesus from the Ted lifts in you and he lives in me. And I say, thank you, Jesus, for that today, praise the Lord. Praise God, praise God, praise God. So Lord God, we don't, we don't, I don't know what everybody's dealing with, but you do. And your power doesn't shift your power. Doesn't change. Your power does not wane based upon the circumstance that we're in. No, your power remains
Speaker 4: All power and authority. So I pray that we would align our in
Speaker 2: Our private devotion with our external expression to open up the conduit of our lives and allow your power to flow through. I Lord Jesus, that you would give us the ability to the courage to operate within the power that we have trusting that you're going to give us the power that we need. Even what I, when I, when, when what I need, I cannot see you are the God of all things and you do all things well.
Speaker 4: So use us for your glory today, work on our behalf. Let
Speaker 2: Us stand strong, head high shoulders squared, knowing that you are God
Speaker 4: And that you live in us in Jesus name, we pray and let everybody say amen. Amen.
Speaker 2: Prayer partners come forward. Let's stand together. If you need prayer, come forward and let us pray with you in Jesus name. Let's close this service with worship today.