Episode 88: Female Fridays with Dr. Rena Eleazar, DPT
Hey everyone! Thank you for joining me for another Female Friday! I am with Dr. Rena Eleazar, who I have sadly never met in person but totally feel like I know through Instagram. She is a Doctor of Physical Therapy and also is a strength and conditioning coach.
Dr. Rena Eleazar is based out of New York City and has been in business for 4 years. She focused on athletic rehab and working on their performance and getting them back into their sport. Finding a niche in ultimate frisbee (who would have thought?!) She has found a great way to help these athletes and others get back to the sport.
In this episode we discuss:
- Who Dr. Eleazar is, her business, and who she serves
- Her journey into entrepreneurship and owning her own practice
- How Crossfit kickstarted her physical therapy career
- Where and how she sees and helps clients
- Getting clients and building relationships
- Common misconceptions people have of physical therapy
- Working with the NBA G League
- How Dr. Eleazar treats her personal clients
- The pandemic and how it affected her practice
- Physical therapists and how they help with mental health
- Strength coaches and “rules” they have set
- How training changes and why fitness professionals need to stay on top of it
- Dr. Eleazar’s most challenging parts of her business
- What surprised Dr. Eleazar about owning a business
If you are looking to connect with Dr. Rena Eleazer, you can find her on Instagram @renaeleazarpt, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out their website www.matchfitperformance.com.
Looking for advice and resources to help you market and grow your clinic or client based business? Visit my website or follow me on Instagram!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at Christa@pilatesinthegrove.com!