Today you and I sit down with the original voice of Siri. Starting in 2011 she was the voice we all became acquainted with, a voice that needed to be “otherworldly with a sense of humor” according to the original engineers.
Our guest is Susan Bennett. Susan’s first love was music -- learning to play the piano by ear. She’s also a vocalist and played in a number of bands. Her winding career brought her gigs singing jingles before she dabbled in voiceover work, for which she was a natural. She became the voice of “Tillie”, the first automated teller in Atlanta, and she’s the voice at Delta departure gates all over the world. She’s done prominent voiceover work for Disney, IBM, AT&T and many, many others. After she came out as Siri in 2013 she did the morning show and late show circuit, including a hilarious run-in with David Letterman, and eventually ended up on stage with a speaking career, including a TED talk.
She also landed gigs singing backup for Burt Bacharach and Roy Orbison, who have 11 Grammy’s between them. Her story is awesome. Her career is cool. And she sat down with us, to tell us all about it. I’m pleased to introduce: Susan Bennett.
- to Greg Presmanes for introducing Susan and me. Thank you!
- Website: https://susancbennett.com/
BRENTON HUND PODCAST
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brentonhundpodcast
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brentonhundpodcast/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL MEDIA BY: The Social Sweetheart
- Website: https://www.socialsweetheart.co
- Email: email@example.com
LOGO DESIGN BY: Taylor Hembree
- Website: https://taylorhembree1993.wixsite.com/ohokmedia