Today’s guest has rubbed elbows with some of the greats, from Clapton to Neil Young. He started with an unpaid internship at the famous Criteria Recording Studios in the 70s and would eventually become CEO of his own successful A&R music company.
Michael Laskow is no stranger to hard work. And he’s got a sixth sense for recognizing an opportunity and going for it. His stint at Criteria would become life changing, informing the person he is, and his work ethic. He regales us with some hilarious stories, like the time he did something totally crazy to break the tension between him and Ron Albert, a famous engineer. Or running into Barry Gibb in the hallway, as a 20-year-old, and asking him: “excuse me, how do you write a hit song?”
Then, in 1992, after almost 15 years in recording business, Michael founded Taxi. 30 years later Taxi is still the leading independent A&R company in the world, helping independent songwriters and artists get their music to labels, publishers, and music supervisors. He’s been through ups and downs, artist complaints, death threats, and tearful phone calls from ecstatic members.
From the basics of EQ and compression to his advice for artists, let’s dig in with Michael Laskow.
- Website: https://www.taxi.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/taximusic/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TaxiIndependentAR/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-laskow-a708199/
BRENTON HUND PODCAST
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brentonhundpodcast
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brentonhundpodcast/
- Email: email@example.com
SOCIAL MEDIA BY: The Social Sweetheart
- Website: https://www.socialsweetheart.co
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOGO DESIGN BY: Taylor Hembree
- Website: https://taylorhembree1993.wixsite.com/ohokmedia