If the music business is an automobile our next guest is a mechanic, and we’re going to take a look under the hood. That means getting into the nitty gritty, so hunker down.
Edwin Cox is the global CEO of West One Music Group, a production music company with offices and clients all over the world. He lives in Los Angeles but he grew up and started his career in the UK. So we’ll talk all about the UK licensing collectives and play the acronym game where we’ll have Edwin discuss what PRS, MCPS and PPL are. We’ll talk about other foreign societies, income collection issues for publishers and production music catalogs, and the competitive landscape the defines the production music space.
Edwin started his musical journey as a DJ, wearing out his LP records, and working his way into music engineering and producing, finding himself involved in a number of hit records in the UK.
He then learned the publishing ropes at Boosey and Hawkes, and was elected to the Board of PRS for Music in the UK.
From the hustle of getting noticed to running his own company, this is a pen and paper episode! And now, Edwin Cox…
EDWIN COX / WEST ONE MUSIC
- Website: https://www.westonemusic.com/
- Wikipedia Page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_One_Music_Group
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/edwincox/
BRENTON HUND PODCAST
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brentonhundpodcast
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brentonhundpodcast/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLlcyy_X-wYW8MrQLt6JDkg/featured
- Email: email@example.com
SOCIAL MEDIA BY: The Social Sweetheart
- Website: https://www.socialsweetheart.co
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOGO DESIGN BY: Taylor Hembree
- Website: https://taylorhembree1993.wixsite.com/ohokmedia