E-COM Sales Tax
Can a member of an LLC be held personally liable for unpaid sales tax?
Mar 09, 2018
Here's a link to the full video broadcast, if you'd rather watch the video.
- Can an employee be held personally responsible for unpaid sales tax? 00:35
- Does an LLC insulate you from sales tax liability? 00:48
- What if you delegate the tax responsibility to another member of the LLC? 03:21
- Are sales taxes considered trust taxes? 04:10
- Does personal liability apply even in a case where taxes haven't been collected, or does it just apply with taxes collected and not remitted? 05:40
- Another example of a bookkeeper not paying sales tax on online sales and the business owner was held personally liable. 07:10
- What are the personal liability laws in other states? 09:15
- Is there a chart showing what state laws are on personal responsibility that we can download? 09:25
- Should we place our absolute reliance on these survey charts? 09:45
- What is the personal liability law in New York? 10:52
- What if I'm not an active member in the LLC, am I still personally liable? 11:20
- What is the personal responsibility law regarding state taxes in Florida? 14:10