Taking a unique approach to personal development, making it your own based on the circumstances you had to overcome and what message resonates with you, is exactly what my guest on this episode of the podcast, Devina Kaur, has done. After all, when you are dealing a history of mental health challenges, the cookie cutter approach isn't always going to resonate, much less be an effective tool for you to utilize.
Thinking outside the box is what Devina has done and it's allowed her to become a speaker, published author, and start a movement that encourages you to embrace who you truly are on the inside.
Devina Kaur is a fun-loving, flamboyant, straight-talking author, entrepreneur, filmmaker and inspirational speaker. Born and raised in rural India, she fought to reconcile her traditional upbringing with her ambitions. After a lifetime of being told she was too fat, too loud and too ambitious, her world fell apart in her 30s when her arranged marriage ended. Thirty years of desperately trying to be the person everyone else wanted had resulted in loneliness, depression and confusion.
During my chat with Devina, we discuss: (chapter time stamps included)
- How she did not like herself growing up. Her struggles with self-esteem about not only who she was and where she came from, but her weight and other challenges eventually found her sitting on railroad tracks contemplating taking her own life.
- When the shift happened in her life and the circumstances that allowed her to get to a place of accepting herself and loving herself. You'll learn how she left a secure job in the banking industry; even with all of the success, she was not happy and needed to discover who she was, take care of herself, and gain the courage to discover the direction that would lead her to a new life.
- How faith, confidence, experience, and your mindset are all key in your transformation. You'll learn how standing in front of a mirror helped her to reframe the language she used to describe herself, which would also change how she presented herself to others. Gaining inner self-confidence that comes from knowing yourself and your authentic gifts. Understanding both your strengths and weaknesses and that all of your parts, even the darkness, deserves love.
- Coming to terms with embracing brilliance, when she truly began to notice a shift in her life and have the ability to love herself not just accept herself.
- What can you expect when you visit her website, SexyBrilliant.com , attend one of her events or workshops, and embrace the Sexy Brilliant Philosophy of Personal Development.
- Devina shares some of her experiences in the dating world, as well as having to overcome several traumatic events in 2018, which resulted in the return of depression and suicidal thoughts. However, of the resilience she's built up, her support system, and having a firm understanding of who she is and what's capable of, empowered her to work through and overcome those struggles.
- How men view the Sexy Brilliant Philosophy of Personal Development, and respond to her message.
Sexy Brilliant - Empowerment from the inside out.
Be sure and check out SexyBrilliant.com for more information on Devina Kaur, including upcoming events, her book series, and appearances. Be sure to follow her on Twitter Facebook, and Instagram, all at TheDevinaKaur.
All conversation and information exchanged during participation on the Beyond Your Past Podcast, on BeyondYourPast.com, and BeyondYourPastRadio.com is intended for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing on these podcasts or posted on the above mentioned websites are s