Phil has enjoyed a varied career within the fitness and elite sporting industries. He has taught and lectured for many years and has coached athletes across a range of sports, including cycling, running, triathlon, football and rugby.
Phil joins us in this episode to discuss a range of alternative training methods in endurance training directed towards cycling performance, including:
- how strength training can play a part in endurance cycling performance
- primary fitness and athletic factors that are important for cycling performance
- transition phase cycling training sessions and how these may be structured
- key factors in avoiding over-training
- the role of off-bike training in helping benefit performance.