Training or exercise in a fasted state is claimed to boost metabolism and drive up body fat burning, but is this really true? Get the answers to this in context in episode 18 of Fit to Succeed.
Dr Laurent Bannock is a leading performance nutritionist and exercise physiologist who works in elite sport and has a noteworthy reputation among the scientific community. He is a highly experienced educator & lecturer and is the program director (and founder) for the ISSN Diploma postgraduate programme, as well being a senior lecturer and program leader for the MSc Sport & Exercise Nutrition program at Middlesex University, London.
This episode answers important questions and addresses the following:
- Why context is vital when interpreting scientific data
- How to take a broad view of science to apply it effectively in an exercise/nutrition environment
- What metabolic or body composition benefits can be obtained through fasted training?
- Are the effects of fasting before training gender specific?
- What impact to exercise history and training status have on fasted training?
If you enjoy this episode, then please rate the show and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free expert information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or the video series on You Tube so you will receive each update immediately upon release.