With the population living longer and becoming ever more health aware, the fitness market for clients 50 years and older is booming! But...you have to know how to train this population group effectively. Expert PT for older adults, Robert Linkul, joins us to share his insights.
Robert Linkul is the head personal trainer and the owner of Be STRONGER Fitness. He is the Southwest Regional Coordinator with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and was named the NSCA's 2012 Personal Trainer of the year. Robert serves as the chairman for the NSCA's personal trainer special interest group.
In this episode we discuss:
- the difference between 'older adults' and the 'elderly'
- what has motivated Robert to specialise in training adults in the 50+ category
- managing expectations among older adult clientele
- why strength training is a key aspect of training older populations
- key principles for training older adults
If you enjoy this episode, then please rate the show and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free expert information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or the video series on You Tube so you will receive each update immediately upon release.