This episode addresses the concept of nutrient density as a factor in the battle against obesity with expert obesity researcher, Dr Zoe Harcombe.
Dr Zoe Harcombe is a researcher, author, blogger and public speaker in the field of diet and health. Her key areas of interest/expertise are public health dietary guidelines (especially dietary fat), nutrition and obesity. In 2016, Zoe was awarded a Ph.D. in public health nutrition.
Episode 21 covers the following themes:
- The importance of our relationship to food in the weight management battle
- How is nutrient density scientifically defined?
- How do commonly marketed 'health' foods measure up in terms of nutrient density?
- What metabolic effect do low nutrient, processed foods have upon the body?
- Dr Harcombe also shares her views on isolated oils, such as olive oil and coconut oil, that are marketed as 'healthy'.
If you enjoy this episode, then please rate the show and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free expert information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or the video series on You Tube so you will receive each update immediately upon release.