Coaching is not just another word for training! Becoming a personal fitness coach requires a change in our approach to client support and behaviour change. Leading behaviour coach and personal trainer, Bobby Cappuccio, shares the important differences and will be sure to change your perspective.
Bobby is a co-founder of PTA Global, former head of training and development at David Barton gym, former director of professional development at the National Academy of Sports Medicine (N.A.S.M.), Director of Coaching at the Institute of Motion (IOM) and a content curator for PTontheNet. His vast experience in the health and fitness industry has altered his perspective on how to best support individuals to make fundamental changes to their habits and behaviours.
In this episode we cover:
- Bobby's back story that brought him into the fitness and personal training industry
- the definition of coaching
- how personal training is connected to coaching
- the concept of cognitive dissonance and how this can impact fitness objectives
- how confirmation bias can lead to less informed choices and limit potential for change
If you enjoy this episode, then please rate the show and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free expert information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or the video series here on You Tube so you will receive each update immediately upon release.