An exploration of the strengths and weaknesses of the modern functional training paradigm with world-class strength and conditioning coach, JC Santana from the Institute of Human Performance (IHP).
Santana is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the NSCA and a certified Health Fitness Instructor with the ACSM. He is also a certified Senior Coach and Club Coach Course Instructor with the USA Weightlifting Team, and a Level I coach with the USA Track and Field Association. Santana currently serves on the NSCA Board of Directors and is Sports Specific Conditioning Editor for the NSCA Journal.
In this episode, we discuss some really fascinating content, including:
- the spiri-e-motion paradigm model used by Santana at IHP
- JC's definition of functional training
- concerns with the commonly applied CrossFit training model
- minimal training for maximum results
- training individual ability
- the 4 exercise tweak categories
If you enjoy this episode, then please rate the show and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free expert information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or the video series on YouTube so you will receive each update immediately upon release.