I have a special treat for you guys today! It was my honor and privilege to interview New York Times bestselling author, podcaster, and former Navy Seal Jack Carr.
Jack Carr led special operations teams as a Team Leader, Platoon Commander, Troop Commander, and Task Unit Commander. Over his 20 years in Naval Special Warfare, he transitioned from an enlisted SEAL sniper to a junior officer leading assault and sniper teams in Iraq and Afghanistan, to a platoon commander practicing counterinsurgency in the southern Philippines, to commanding a Special Operations Task Unit in the most Iranian influenced section of southern Iraq throughout the tumultuous drawdown of U.S. Forces.
Jack is now a bestselling author, podcaster, and most importantly, a devoted husband and father.
In today’s episode we discuss:
· How Jack’s early influences in life steered him toward a career as a Navy SEAL, and later bestselling author.
· His training and preparation that was needed to successfully complete SEAL training.
· Why and how Jack started his popular podcast and the value it has to his listeners, and himself.
· The definition of “hero” and how it has changed through the years.
· How Jack keeps his books as accurate as possible, without giving away military secrets.
· His first book Terminal List, and how it will soon be launched on Amazon Prime as a T.V. series.
· How Jack deals with negative book reviews.
· Jack’s favorite books.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Listen to Jack's Danger Close Podcast!
Check out Jack Carr's books, gear, media, and blog on his website!
Enjoy the Cops and Writers book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Come join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
Support the show