Miles to Go - Travel Tips, News & Reviews You Can't Afford to Miss!
M2G 006: The 411 on Southwest's Companion Pass, All About Upside & The Deal with WiFi in the SkyMarch 29, 2018 Ed Pizza, Seth Miller, Jen Yellen
We've got a double dose of Jen from Deals We Like this week! She knows the Southwest Airlines' Companion Pass inside & out and shares her expert insight with us. Her big deal this week is the current promotion run by Upside, which includes some FREE Bose headsets!. Seth from PaxEx.Aero & Wandering Aramean serves up a deep dive into the history of in-flight WiFi, why it seems like it takes forever for upgraded equipment and speeds and what the future of it looks like.
Thanks to our Sponsors
- 0:00 - Intro/News&Notes with Seth Miller
- 1:15 - Before you skip forward to the In-Flight WiFi segment (this show is pre recorded...cats out the bag!) - Seth clarifies why he was floundering and sounding like an absolute moron (his words, not ours)
- 2:10 - The $10k travel voucher for a broken seat
- 3:35 - VDB vs IDB with a related tangent about air travel consumer protections
- 9:50 - Debating the time limit of a storm and what The difference between Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boardings & the science behind how much you can get based on your ticket price and length of delay
- 13:53 - What’s the Gogo secret phrase going to be?
- 14:20 - Seth Miller tells us EVERYTHING about WiFi in the sky!
- 16:20 - Why does it take so long to get WiFi on planes?
- 19:43 - A brief technical history of in-flight WiFi
- 26:00 - Bandwidth hogs - the known and unknown
- 33:15 - Jen from Deals We Like talks about Upside (and free Bose headsets!)
- 39:27 - All about the Southwest Companion Pass (and more Jen from Deals We Like - Woo Hoo!)
- 51:00 - TF2P - It’s Not a Rant...& Gogo's Secret Phrase