Miles to Go - Travel Tips, News & Reviews You Can't Afford to Miss!
M2G 008: Disney Deciphered, Credit Card Awards 101 & TSA Tips for Families
Apr 12, 2018
Ed Pizza, Spencer Howard, Summer Hull, Joe Cheung
This week we welcome Spencer Howard from Straight to the Points
and One Mile at a Time
to offer listeners a great intro on credit card rewards earning and burning. After that, Summer Hull from Mommy Points
is back to share all her experiences, tips and some clarification on rules for surviving TSA with kids (and you nursing mothers). Lastly, we wrap up our episode with fellow Disney fanboy (fandad?) Joe Cheung from As the Joe Flies
& his new podcast, Disney Deciphered
talking about how to use credit card points for Disney tickets and whether or not the Disney Dining Plan is worth it!
Thanks to our Sponsor
Gogo In-Flight Internet
- 0:20 - Intro to this week’s episode
- 1:00 - Rumor of the Week: Pending Marriott/SPG announcement
- 5:20 - What others in the industry are doing to tweak their programs
- 9:22 - Earning rewards with credit cards 101
- 14:00 - How to determine the best card for you and your goals
- 18:00 - The two goals to keep in mind
- 21:57 - TSA Tips for Families
- 23:00 - Rules about TSA PreCheck for children
- 25:00 - Why it’s a good idea to print out TSA rules to keep on hand
- 28:35 - Disney Deciphered with Joe Cheung
- 31:40 - Yes! You can use Chase, Amex or Citi points for your Disney vacation
- 36:10 - Disney Dining Plan: Worth it or nah?
- 41:30 - How to get more disney tips from Joe’s new podcast
- 43:10 - The Final Two Pennies & what’s up next week!
- 46:10 - Time is almost running out for the Gogo In-Flight Internet Prize Pack!
Straight to the Points
One Mile at a Time
Using Chase Ultimate Rewards on Disney Tickets
Saving Money with the Disney Dining Plan