First up: A deeper dive into the SPG/Marriott merger. Summer Hull from Mommy Points has some great tips on what changes are happening so you can optimize the new earning potential for the SPG Amex and changes to award tiers and point conversion rates. We’ve got heaps of Aussie listeners (Australia is #3 out of our top 10 countries for downloads!) so we’ve invited fellow Australian (and Qantas expert) David Feldman to walk us through the Platinum One program and share which One World partner he now flies on. Jen from Deals We Like is back - yay! - with this week’s It’s a BIG DEAL! This week we’re chatting about the new Southwest Airlines promotion. The Final Two Pennies: taking a moment to discuss the safety of air travel and our first legitimately funny outtake.
Thanks to our Sponsor!
- 0:23 - Taking the show off the rails (again)...
- 1:00 - We’re still talking about the SPG/Marriott merger and this week focusing more on credit card strategy
- 2:50 - Immediate changes to the earning potential for the SPG Amex
- 5:00 - Why a $450 annual fee isn’t exactly a bad deal
- 8:25 - First impressions on the new award charts and how to shift your strategy to keep finding the best value for your points
- 11:08 - We’ve got a ton of Aussies listening! So here’s David Feldman from Down Under!
- 14:00 - What’s the benefits of Qantas Platinum One?
- 20:00 - International upgrade benefits
- 23:55 - What are “soft benefits”?
- 25:20 - A little about about David Feldman
- 26:00 - Jen from Deals We Like is back!
- 30:30: - TF2P