Miles to Go - Travel Tips, News & Reviews You Can't Afford to Miss!
Zach Honig, 333K Mile Man & A Low-Cost Carrier Flies The A380? - M2G 026
Aug 15, 2018
Ed Pizza, Zach Honig, Emily McNutt
There’s frequent fliers and then there’s Zach Honig
, Editor-at-Large of The Points Guy
. In 2017 he flew 333,521 “butt in seat” miles
, visiting 32 countries while spending 162 nights on the road. Tune in to hear Ed’s interview, to learn more about Zach’s 2017 goal and his highlight from his travels last year. (Clue: It’s airplane related.) We’ve got a double dose of The Points Guy
interviews this week! Emily McNutt, News Editor at TPG
gives us more info about Norwegian Air flying a retired A380
. Who ever thought you’d be able to travel in a suite for the price of a low cost ticket? Last but not least, Ed shares some key dates you want to keep in mind regarding the SPG/Marriott merger and some last minute Summer shopping portal bonuses!
Thanks to our Sponsors!
Gogo In-Flight Internet
- 01:15 - Summer Shopping Bonuses! You’ve got about a week left to max out your earnings on all that Back to School spending before these portals wrap up for the season
- 01:54 - August 18th: The day SPG and Marriott FINALLY merge...
- 02:40 - Still confused about the new SPG/Marriott credit card bonuses? We got you covered...
- 5:00 - Zach Honig, Editor-at-Large of The Points Guy
- 6:45 - Setting and hitting a 1 Million Mile goal
- 11:00 - A lot of award availability on the (soon to be) world’s longest flight
- 18:50 - The credit cards Zach will always keeps in his wallet
- 23:00 - Norwegian Air flying an A380?
- 30:00 - The headaches that come with swapping out planes BUT the ways passengers can benefit from EU compensation
- 33:50 - TF2P
Show Notes & Links
View From the Wing’s Blog Post on All Things SPG/Marriott Merger
Zach’s 2017 Travel Stats Blog Post
Emily’s Blog Post on Norwegian Flying the A380
Check Out Some of Our Favorite Travel Podcasts
Dots, Lines & Destinations