The Happier Dentist Podcast
Integrating Student Loan Planning Into Your Financial Plan w/ Travis Hornsby EP. 9
June 29, 2021
Jason Koh DDS MS
Happy Wednesday, Happier Dentist fam!
Today, I'm speaking with none other than the "Student Loan Planner", Travis Hornsby. He's been in the financial space helping dentists for as long as I can remember. In this episode, we dig into a few topics that might be helpful for you.
Student loans can be a huge drag on our ability to save, invest or simply allow for more freedom in the things we can do. In this episode, Travis explains why Student loans are like having a tax and why we should work to optimize them as part of our overall strategy in reducing our debt an increasing our wealth.
Optimizing your student loans is just a piece of the puzzle when tweaking your overall financial plans.
Other interesting topics
- Differences in debt when comparing debt in relation to medical school and dental school tuition.
- How practice ownership vs. being an employee can work in your favor
- The financial “team” behind you that every dentist should have and how to find them, also - how to ensure you find someone who’s working with your money for the right reasons, and how much $$$ you should expect to pay.
- A really helpful tip on how to find a CPA that will save you the most amount of money.
- Things to think about when approaching retirement.
Find out more about our guest Travis Hornsby via his
Some resources discussed in the episode:
Book: Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazi