Due to another week of technical difficulties with my recording platform, this week's episode is another throwback podcast. My guest for this show was Rachel Balkovec, a coach I hugely admire and a person who was one of the first names I wrote down to have on as guest when I started the podcast.
I get asked a lot about great Women to follow in the Industry and Rachel is always one of the Top 3 names I give as my answer.
Rachel is currently based in Amsterdam studying for her second Master's degree. Prior to this, she was a Strength & Conditioning Coach in Major League Baseball for the Houston Astros.
Rachel is more than just a great Coach however, she is also using her platform to help inspire and empower Women. In the episode, Rachel discusses:
- The barriers she experienced becoming the first Female Strength & Conditioning Coach in Major League Baseball, what barriers she still experiences today and also what positives have come from being the first Female Coach in a highly male-dominated industry and sport.
- How her self-belief and confidence began as a child and the incredible impact that her parents had on her.
- Why speaking to females about body image and loving themselves is so important to her.
- How daily habits can be both lethal and life-saving and how we tell ourselves self-limiting stories to hinder our own growth and progress.
- How putting yourself in situations of discomfort and walking head-on into things that scare you can be incredibly powerful and unlock personal growth.
Rachel brings the episode to a close by discussing an incredibly powerful statement that she made on Instagram and why taking action on it is so important for us to let go of that which doesn't serve us anymore so that we can evolve and grow further.
Rachel is an incredible Coach who wants to impact the world rather than just the weight room. She is insightful and inspiring and her passion and purpose in life are evident from our conversation during the episode.