This week my guest is Marcus Smith. Marcus is an extreme Endurance Athlete, Coach and Motivational Speaker.
In this episode we discuss:
- Marcus' back story, focusing on the impact 2018 had on him due to an accident where he was hit by a truck in February suffering multiple broken bones and a punctured lung to then running a marathon a day for 30 days in November.
- How Marcus' accident and running a marathon a day for 30 days has impact him as a Coach and Athlete when it comes to human potential and the power of the mind.
- The value and importance of building an Aerobic Base for Endurance Athletes and General Population and the best approaches to achieve it.
- Why running technique is so important and shouldn't be overlooked when it comes to injury prevention, running efficiency and power output.
- The programming considerations and assessments Marcus makes with new clients and his programming approach when it comes to endurance goals like a half marathon or marathon.
- How to calculate running pace to maximise your endurance training.
- Why Marcus is such a big proponent of deload weeks, when he schedules them and how he monitors training stress.