Welcome to a new and exciting episode of The Beacon Way Podcast! This episode is the first of a four-part series, covering all things brand messaging. Our hosts, Adrienne Wilkerson and Jennifer Christensen, ask the first big question of the series: “Who are you as a company?” They discuss the importance of being self-aware, sticking to your values, and practicing authenticity in all things related to your business. They go on to explain why you need to acknowledge and embrace your story to establish what your business stands for. Plus, we get a sneak peek into how Adrienne and Jen manage their business, Beacon Media + Marketing, and how they coach clients to discover their brand. From throwing away vanity numbers to asking yourself the hard questions, we hope you can join us for a constructive and informative episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- This is part one of a four-part series.
- Explaining the ideas of four questions for a company to ask about their brand messaging.
- Today’s episode covers question one: “Who are you as a company?”
- The importance of self-awareness, values, and authenticity.
- Why we need to remember our story and articulate it to our customers.
- The fear and downplaying of needing to make money when managing your business.
- The importance of having knowledge of what your company is worth.
- The significance of asking yourself “What am I for?” and “What am I against?”
- How Pia Silva influenced Jen’s business journey.
- The questions Beacon Media + Marketing asks their clients to help them discover their brand.
- How and why Beacon Media + Marketing is against vanity numbers to build a marketing plan.
- A brief look at part two: target markets.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Badass Your Brand
Adrienne Wilkerson on LinkedIn
Adrienne Wilkerson on Twitter
Jennifer Christensen on LinkedIn
Jennifer Christensen on Twitter
Beacon Media + Marketing
Beacon Media + Marketing on Twitter
Beacon Media Email