February 21, 2021
Grace is the unfettered love of God that is available to all. It says, "You are forgiven, you are loved, you are important to me.” It seasons life in a way that brings out the true flavor of what God has for our delight. Without it, we are held in bondage to retribution, retaliation, and unforgiveness. Without it we would live in a world where you get what you deserve, only that what is earned. The interesting thing about grace is no one deserves grace, but God freely bestows it on us all because of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.
View the worksheet on Grace, written by Janie Calvert, here.
Go deeper with additional materials related to this topic:
- Watch the sermon on Grace by Bill MacPhee
- "What's so Amazing about Grace" by Philip Yancey
- Philip Yancy Interview: What's so Amazing about Grace on YouTube
- "The Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning
- "Grace for the Moment" by Max Lucado
- Download and enjoy the beautiful Christ-focused Soulspace app, providing daily, 4-6 minute mindful meditations. It will anchor your thoughts to the love of God. Check it out at https://soulspace.co, or on your App Store.
- Read the short, powerful book by Brene Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You Are Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are. It will help you learn how to give grace to yourself, and then others.