Biogas is a very useful technology for farmers as it allows them to generate fuel and electricity from their cattle waste. However, its adoption among Indian farmers has been very poor, with less than 15% per cent of 45 mn* dairy farmers using it, despite numerous government programs and subsidies.
In this episode we speak to Piyush Sohani, who heads India operations of Sistema bio, a global social enterprise that is trying to disrupt the way biogas is sold in India. Piyush talks about the following:
1. Why do farmers not trust Biogas technology?
2. How are Indian farmers different from farmers in other countries?
3. How is Sistema changing the game with product innovation and go to market strategy?
4. What are the growth drivers for biogas market in India?
· Estimated that nearly 50% of 100 mn farmers in India have at least 2 cattle.