Take a look at shanties through the frame of Craig Edwards and Gibb Schreffler who have studied shanties intensely for years. From West African work songs, through the popularization of the banjo in America, through the Beatles in Liverpool. Join us on a trip around the world and through the years that explores the origins, evolution, present day relevance and future possibilities of the genre.
⚓︎ Shanties featured:
- Opening credits: Paddy Doyle's Boots, trad. arranged by Pressgang Mutiny
- Live song: Round the Corner Sally, trad. arranged by Craig Edwards
- Live song: Shallow Brown, trad. arranged by Gibb Schreffler
- Live song: Stormalong John, trad. arranged by Craig Edwards
- Closing credits: Blow the Man Down, trad. arranged by Pressgang Mutiny
⚓︎ Find out more about Craig Edwards at www.fiddlecraig.com
⚓︎ Find out more about Gibb Schreffler at www.pomona.edu/directory/people/gibb-schreffler
⚓︎ Find out more about Pressgang Mutiny here:
- TikTok, Twitter, and Instagram: @pressgangmutiny
Send us your comments and feedback. If you have a Tall Ship you'd like to see featured, get in touch!