Seán Dagher has one of the most widely heard and recognized voices in all of shanties thanks to his work on the soundtrack for the video game Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. He talks to us about how he got involved with that project, the process of recording it (including the “drunk takes”), and how the success of the game and soundtrack changed his life. We also discuss his groundbreaking work with the Montreal music project La Nef and the runaway success of his Shanty of the Week YouTube project.
⚓︎ Shanties featured:
- Opening credits: Paddy Doyle's Boots, trad. arranged by Pressgang Mutiny
- Live song: Stormalong John, trad. arranged by Seán Dagher
- Live song: Lowlands, Low, trad. arranged by Seán Dagher
- Closing credits: Randy Dandy O, trad. arranged by Seán Dagher
⚓︎ Find out more about Seán Dagher at Shantyoftheweek.com and Seandagher.bandcamp.com
⚓︎ Find out more about Pressgang Mutiny here:
- TikTok, Twitter, and Instagram: @pressgangmutiny
Send us your comments and feedback. If you have a Tall Ship you'd like to see featured, get in touch!